PPF Suggestions for Reston, VA area

dwfallin

Verified Owner
Cars
'23 Lucid AT
about to pick up my touring from the tysons corner area, wondering if there are any quality/suggested PPF providers in the area? (i'm driving my vehicle back home to memphis, tn - figured it would be good to start with some protection for the front at least!) thanks!

Hey! I'm getting ppf done tomorrow in Chantilly, Va about 15 minutes from Reston. I will give you and update on quality tomorrow afternoon when I get my car back! My last 4 cars have been tinted at the same place and I've been happy with it , so I expect them to come through like champs, but I'll know for certain tomorrow afternoon!

Hey! I'm getting ppf done tomorrow in Chantilly, Va about 15 minutes from Reston. I will give you and update on quality tomorrow afternoon when I get my car back! My last 4 cars have been tinted at the same place and I've been happy with it , so I expect them to come through like champs, but I'll know for certain tomorrow afternoon!
excellent - lemme know what the shop is ('especially if you're still happy with them!)

about to pick up my touring from the tysons corner area, wondering if there are any quality/suggested PPF providers in the area? (i'm driving my vehicle back home to memphis, tn - figured it would be good to start with some protection for the front at least!) thanks!
I had my GT done at American Shine in Sterling, Va. I was happy with the process and the results.

excellent - lemme know what the shop is ('especially if you're still happy with them!)
Can do! They have done a really good job on my tinting over the years and bonus they will experience with PPFing a Lucid after tomorrow ;)

National Window Tint
14154 Willard Road
Unit E
Chantilly, VA 20151
703-814-8468
[email protected]

that looks awesome! thanks for the link - i'll check them out!
I have seen some fairly bad PPF work on whole car PPF from others on this forum. These guys did it absolutely right. My entire car PPF with tinting (all Xpel) cost around $10K.

thanks for that info! yeah - i saw some of those too. i was initially thinking minimum (due to cash crunch) but seems the absolute minimum would be full front (so i dont have any lines half way up the hood for example)... and also probably want to get the rocker panels... minimum.

thanks for that info! yeah - i saw some of those too. i was initially thinking minimum (due to cash crunch) but seems the absolute minimum would be full front (so i dont have any lines half way up the hood for example)... and also probably want to get the rocker panels... minimum.
That's what I'm doing, the full front end (hood, bumper and the quarter panels). Who knows, if I get the notion, I may do the rest of the car, but it kinda seems like overkill at the moment. Time will tell. ;)

Got my car back this evening, looks great so far! It was late and the light wasn't great, but I'll snap some pictures tomorrow assuming the sun deigns to show itself haha

That's what I'm doing, the full front end (hood, bumper and the quarter panels). Who knows, if I get the notion, I may do the rest of the car, but it kinda seems like overkill at the moment. Time will tell. ;)
Did a full front here as well.. entire car came out to like ~2.5x the cost of just the front so I decided against it for now 😩

Did a full front here as well.. entire car came out to like ~2.5x the cost of just the front so I decided against it for now 😩
That was my thinking as well. I may do the whole car later, but this is my first cat work PPF so I need to figure out whether the benefit is worth the cost, so to speak. 🤔

@Ahntilza Are you still happy with the work National Window did on the car?

Also, anyone have experience with Extreme auto Detailing? They said they have done multiple Lucids in the area. Thanks.

I am looking at detail authority in Fairfax for Ceramic coating and window tinting. Any experience with them?

No experience with their work, but did get a quote from them on an earlier car. It was a bit on the high side so took it to another place in Ashburn. They are on my list to talk to again though.

No experience with their work, but did get a quote from them on an earlier car. It was a bit on the high side so took it to another place in Ashburn. They are on my list to talk to again though.
Thank you, how was your experience with Ashburn place can you give the name

Back