Power inexplicably down 75%, regen gone, hill holder gone

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
Coming out of Costco earlier wifey and I got into the car and something felt dramatically off. The car had no regen, and you had to push the accelerator to the floor for any kind of acceleration. In addition the acceleration felt ‘ lumpy’ or nonlinear with little spurts and lull’s especially coming around corners. The car says regen is still on high and I’m getting no warnings other than rear emergency braking not available. I had to stop to charge so I tried the turn signal reset. No go. I also figured out where all the lucid lay offs were. Service apparently. I called service at 755pm and elected for a call back. 45 minutes go by, nothing. So now I’m holding for a half hour so far ( also no one has called back about my trunk latch that they said had to be replaced over a week ago. )So anyone had a problem like this?

Coming out of Costco earlier wifey and I got into the car and something felt dramatically off. The car had no regen, and you had to push the accelerator to the floor for any kind of acceleration. In addition the acceleration felt ‘ lumpy’ or nonlinear with little spurts and lull’s especially coming around corners. The car says regen is still on high and I’m getting no warnings other than rear emergency braking not available. I had to stop to charge so I tried the turn signal reset. No go. I also figured out where all the lucid lay offs were. Service apparently. I called service at 755pm and elected for a call back. 45 minutes go by, nothing. So now I’m holding for a half hour so far ( also no one has called back about my trunk latch that they said had to be replaced over a week ago. )So anyone had a problem like this?
Try the chat service interaction on their site, i was lucky to have quick response there.

I had these symptoms once but only lasted about a mile and went away on its own and has never come back. Given that a reset did not fix it, you situation seems more serious than what I had.

I did get a service person on chat after 10 pm and then shortly after that service called. Thankfully I was not waiting on the side of the road but at home. We’ll see what they say tomorrow as they will try to get someone out

Got in the car this morning and everything worked fine. I guess it just needed some rest and reflection.

Got in the car this morning and everything worked fine. I guess it just needed some rest and reflection.
I had a massive power drop like that early on in ownership, self resolved after about 5 minutes of me stomping the pedal (when it came back to life yeah that was a surprise when the accelerator suddenly worked!) and never happened again. I don’t recall getting any errors with it. I did discuss with service and they also felt it was some bizarre software glitch a

Tech came out yesterday to my house and fixed my trunk latch and pinpointed the lack of power problem to a sensor on the front motor. Car will have to trucked to Massachusetts and will be down for at least a week. I’m happy that lucid is so cautious and on top of things but this will be over 4 weeks in various shops since Christmas.

Back