Possible new owner with service question

pepper0221

New Member

Joined
Apr 28, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Currently leases a model 3 and own a model Y and i know that this is not a big issue but i wanted to know how is lucid handling customer service issues are they quick to respond without attitude because Tesla has been horrible with there service especially with there longevity of respond time
 
It's a sore spot here, too. The techs are very nice and helpful, but it can take a few weeks to get a non-critical problem looked at by service.
 
From what I’ve seen, Lucid service can be a mixed experience depending on your location. The actual service advisors and techs are usually polite, professional, and seem more personal than Tesla in a lot of cases. You’re more likely to talk to someone who takes time to explain things instead of feeling rushed. That said, response times can still be slow, especially for non-urgent issues or if your nearest service center is busy. For serious problems they seem to prioritize quickly, and mobile service can be convenient when available. I wouldn’t expect perfect service, but many owners say the communication feels better than Tesla even if scheduling can still take time.
 
From what I’ve seen, Lucid service can be a mixed experience depending on your location. The actual service advisors and techs are usually polite, professional, and seem more personal than Tesla in a lot of cases. You’re more likely to talk to someone who takes time to explain things instead of feeling rushed. That said, response times can still be slow, especially for non-urgent issues or if your nearest service center is busy. For serious problems they seem to prioritize quickly, and mobile service can be convenient when available.




I wouldn’t expect perfect service, but many owners say the communication feels better than Tesla even if scheduling can still take time. Unlock thrilling rewards at pokizino-australia.com Pokizino Australia today.
I think a lot will depend on how quickly they scale their service network as more cars hit the road. Right now it still feels a bit stretched in some regions, which is normal for a newer company. If they can keep the quality of interaction while improving availability and turnaround times, they’ll be in a really good spot long term.
 
My experience with service at my home was great. The follow up visit was equally satisfying, hands down the best service I’ve ever experienced and I’ve owned 67 cars.
As per usual it’s the individual that makes the difference and our service tech Dustin, out of Tampa Florida, is exceptional.
 
Getting a scheduled date to bring in your car may take several months depending on location. After you drop it off it may take at least an additional week before they start working on it (from my experience with the service center at Millbrae, CA)

I haven’t been too nit picky with what I wanted service to look at and they’ve generally been pretty good at resolving the issues. Probably the only nit pick I’ve requested them to look at was the pushing in of door handle not waking car to unlock after it goes to deep sleep. I had two handles replaced that fixed the behavior. They did not have additional handles at the time to replace the other two. I went in a year later to get the other two replaced and it still doesn’t work and they suggested it was a software issue…which is strange to me because the other two handles still work as expected. They obviously didn’t test it after replacing it, or they did not understand that the car needed to be in deep sleep to replicate the issue (which I had stated in work order).

They offered to take another look at it but it wasn’t worth the trouble for me to bring it in again just for that reason so I will probably bundle it with some other issue next time.
 
Greetings new to forum, also potential Lucid owner. I owned a 23 Tesla Model Y Performance for 2 years (bought new). In 40k miles i bought 2 jugs of washer fluid, no issue, service, issue ever! I got rid of it because with the amount of driving i did the useable range was a little low for me. Ive been driving a 25 Camry hybrid for 1.5 years. SO i nearly bought a 23 Lucid Gravity Touring yesterday and am potentially buying 1. 1 has 23k, the other 59k both priced right. In my research i have concerns about the amount of software bugs/issues seemingly all Lucid owners experience. I did see there were 3 recalls on this model as well.

Should i just bite the bullet and go for it as long as the recalls have been done? Again i drive a lot and the closest Lucid dealer to me is literally 300+ miles a way.

thanks
 
Greetings new to forum, also potential Lucid owner. I owned a 23 Tesla Model Y Performance for 2 years (bought new). In 40k miles i bought 2 jugs of washer fluid, no issue, service, issue ever! I got rid of it because with the amount of driving i did the useable range was a little low for me. Ive been driving a 25 Camry hybrid for 1.5 years. SO i nearly bought a 23 Lucid Gravity Touring yesterday and am potentially buying 1. 1 has 23k, the other 59k both priced right. In my research i have concerns about the amount of software bugs/issues seemingly all Lucid owners experience. I did see there were 3 recalls on this model as well.

Should i just bite the bullet and go for it as long as the recalls have been done? Again i drive a lot and the closest Lucid dealer to me is literally 300+ miles a way.

thanks
I think you might mean you almost bought a Lucid Air Touring (the sedan). There are no '23 Gravities, since the first one was only sold last year.
 
I would highly recommend any prospective buyer of a Lucid to first check on what the service experience and wait times are for the service center in your area. Some SCs are doing a reasonable job of managing repairs but a large number are overwhelmed and unable to schedule any repairs in reasonable time.

Currently I would seriously caution against buying a Lucid in Texas right now because if you have any issues, it will take months to get it into service and then once there it will take a couple weeks before any work is done. Yes they will give you a loaner (probably a Mercedes or BMW via Enterprise).

My first repair service appointment took 2 months to schedule and then 3 1/2 weeks to get work done once there. A couple days after getting car back, another issue popped up (door handle not working) and now the App service scheduler has no slots available. I called Lucid Customer Service and even they could not reach anyone at the Houston SC.
 
I would highly recommend any prospective buyer of a Lucid to first check on what the service experience and wait times are for the service center in your area. Some SCs are doing a reasonable job of managing repairs but a large number are overwhelmed and unable to schedule any repairs in reasonable time.

Currently I would seriously caution against buying a Lucid in Texas right now because if you have any issues, it will take months to get it into service and then once there it will take a couple weeks before any work is done. Yes they will give you a loaner (probably a Mercedes or BMW via Enterprise).

My first repair service appointment took 2 months to schedule and then 3 1/2 weeks to get work done once there. A couple days after getting car back, another issue popped up (door handle not working) and now the App service scheduler has no slots available. I called Lucid Customer Service and even they could not reach anyone at the Houston SC.
I had trouble reaching the Houston SC and parts department as well with my recent pothole travails. I ended up calling KoP to get someone on the phone and they got me a quote very quickly, though I ended up going with a used option from eBay instead.

At this point, I'm going to want to get my suspension checked to make sure the pothole didn't break something else, but I'm worried about how long it's going to even take to get an appointment, let alone how long it's going to take, and I'm pretty sure they won't provide a loaner/rental since it's not warranty work. I'm not even sure they'll tow it down to Houston (from DFW) without my having to pay out of pocket.
 
I have a service appointment set for tomorrow (that I set over 6 weeks ago). Because of my crazy schedule I cannot bring it in, and need to reschedule. I have called the service center as well as their 800 number and have yet to reach a human being to reschedule. Not a good sign at all for a luxury automaker.
 
I think it is asking for pain if you don’t live close to a service center, and even then it has to be one with a good reputation for communication and service. If you are several hours away? Forget about it - that is inviting a massive hassle factor into your life.

I’d feel the same about Tesla and Rivian but it seems to biting Lucid even more than those two.
 
I live 1/2 hour from Houston SC. It might almost be better if you live in Austin or San Antonio since at least there Lucid would schedule mobile tech. This is assuming you could ever get hold of someone at Lucid to schedule service in the first place. Service in Texas (and some surrounding states serviced by Houston SC) is a train wreck.
 
Have you tried contacting the Dallas service center directly? It seems like having the suspension inspected locally would be a lot easier than dealing with a tow all the way to Houston. I'd also be curious to hear whether they're currently offering loaners or rentals for non-warranty repairs, since that seems to vary quite a bit by location.
To my knowledge there isn't a Dallas service center, just the showroom in Plano.
 
Dallas Service Center was projected for August, but so far no internal job postings. Looks like a later date to me.
 
Currently only Houston SC to cover Texas and I believe Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas. Thus why it is totally swamped. Until this is addressed, I would seriously reconsider purchasing a Lucid in these states for now since if you need any service, it will take months to be repaired, assuming you can even reach someone to make an appointment.
 
Back
Top