Polestar 4 is coming very soon

Pretty ballsy to have no rear window and be completely camera dependent. Not sure if I would ever buy a car with no rear window God forbid you have a software or hardware failure. I do have to say the design is nice for the price point.

44CFCCA5-66E3-4493-A334-847229049A81.jpeg

Very clean design.
I like it.

My main concern with cameras instead of mirrors is focal length, and continual adjustment thereof. But I've never used them (although a friend has an Audi with cameras for wing mirrors, and he hates them ...).

OTOH we adjust our focus every time we glance down at the speedometer or adjust our massaging, ventilated seats, so ...

My main concern with cameras instead of mirrors is focal length, and continual adjustment thereof. But I've never used them (although a friend has an Audi with cameras for wing mirrors, and he hates them ...).
The Audi also has an additional issue in that the monitors are mounted lower than the mirrors would have been, right? Necessitating looking down (compared to, say, the European model of the Hyundai Ioniq 6, that also has cameras instead of side mirrors).

Over at the Polestar forum, people seem quite concerned about snow blocking the rear-view camera as well. Not as much of a problem with side cameras as for those (at least the driver's side) you can easily reach without getting out of the car.

That being said... would this even be legal in the US? @Spin Doctor is your friend in the US or elsewhere? (Ioniq 6 ships with normal side mirrors here).

Yes it is legal. Trucks don’t have a rear window just side mirrors.

I like the Polestar product strategy. Simple.
Low end = $60k
Medium = $80k
High end = $100k

Above is AWD. Polestar is discounting like everyone else, offering nice lease deals right now.

Pickup hauling a camper or trailer. No rear window visibility.

Back