Plaid gets Bucket Seats

momo3605

Verified Owner
Cars
718 Spyder, R1T, Air T
Referral Code
OV9HL03Y
Man this is pretty cool. The one thing I really wish Lucid offered was a more bucketed/bolstered seat option. The car drives so well, it’s just hard to really push it through corners when you’re not held tightly in place. Now that the Taycan and Plaid both offer better seats, hopefully something for Lucid to consider in the next refresh 🤞

Not that I push my Touring through corners (although there have been moments :) )...... The 20-way seats are practically infinitely adjustable and I have no problem with sliding around in them, they are pretty snug. So given that, Lucid already has these seats, with massaging to boot! :)

Not that I push my Touring through corners (although there have been moments :) )...... The 20-way seats are practically infinitely adjustable and I have no problem with sliding around in them, they are pretty snug. So given that, Lucid already has these seats, with massaging to boot! :)
The 20-ways remind me of those old Mercedes that had inflatable side bolsters that basically did nothing. The issue is for proper performance driving you need bolstering on the seat base, around the waist, and the shoulders to really keep you in place while pushing around corners. The 20-ways only have 1 out of those 3 areas bolstered. Seat base and shoulder area are totally flat

I think the current seats are fine for the vast majority of people, but I think there are a few owners who would find it interesting, me included!

In a car that is meant to be driven day to day, I think truly useful shoulder and hip bolsters would make ingress and egress too difficult for a lot of people. The door frame is already pretty low, needing some contortions to get through gracefully. When Lucid has a million cars on the road and reach critical mass in EV SCCA racing series, we can ask them to gin up a "Rarefied" version of the Air for performance that strips out the luxury features, has added lightness, racing couches and 3 motors.

Back