• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pilot panel won’t stay down

Sha1105

Cars
Touring
Hi,

New to the forum. I picked up my lucid touring late December and starting yesterday, I’ve had an issue where the pilot panel keeps retracting and will not stay down. I’ve noticed that once the pilot panel comes down, the arrow points oddly northeast instead of the typical north and south direction. I’ve called customer care and am waiting for a call back but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if they resolved it.

Reactions: SHD
Hi,

New to the forum. I picked up my lucid touring late December and starting yesterday, I’ve had an issue where the pilot panel keeps retracting and will not stay down. I’ve noticed that once the pilot panel comes down, the arrow points oddly northeast instead of the typical north and south direction. I’ve called customer care and am waiting for a call back but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if they resolved it.
That’s usually the motor that moves the panel itself; service can replace it for you quickly.

What arrow?

9CD415E4-1D97-48DE-8569-C1B76D6D7E2F.jpeg

The arrow at the bottom of the pilot panel under the fan and setting. The good news is they said they could send someone out after calling in about a week. They ordered parts so I’m a bit more optimistic.

That arrow normally points up. When you request the pilot panel to retract, it rotates as the panel starts to retract. If the arrow isn't pointing up, the car is trying to retract the panel.

View attachment 8841

The arrow at the bottom of the pilot panel under the fan and setting. The good news is they said they could send someone out after calling in about a week. They ordered parts so I’m a bit more optimistic.
That’s actually fascinating, since it means the panel is either actively trying to be retracted or that the software somehow reads the position of the panel using the position of the motor and the arrow reflects that. My guess is the former, and that your motor is busted.

They’ll fix it in a jiffy.

Hi,

Did you get this fixed? Mine is doing this now!

Did you get this fixed? Mine is doing this now!
Not sure this will help, but something similar happened to me about a year ago. Each time I attempted to open the pilot panel it would touch its base and automatically retract. I discovered, quite by accident, that gently sliding the pilot panel up (only a fraction of an inch) in the same direction as its orientation solved the problem completely. Apparently I had pulled the panel out a little while cleaning it. I didn't notice a change in the direction of the arrow though.

Interesting - thanks! Mine is working again. I cleaned the screen a few times and jammed it around a bit and it finally stays closed. I won't open it again until I return it

Back