Pictures of Air on 20" wheels

None on the road yet. I was wondering the same. Configured my GT with 20” as a compromise between the other two sizes. I There tends to be some potholes here in San Diego, especially after rain, so I figured a bit more sidewall couldn’t hurt. I wanted the summer tires though. The wait seems like forever though!

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 11.43.12 AM.png
1656088954033.png

That looks really good, I just wonder how long it is going to delay my Touring to get them. Further, where I live I need All Season tires, as there is a nice chunk time around here where it will be cold enough to turn the summer rubber into hockey pucks :(

That looks really good, I just wonder how long it is going to delay my Touring to get them. Further, where I live I need All Season tires, as there is a nice chunk time around here where it will be cold enough to turn the summer rubber into hockey pucks :(
DA told me that mu choice of 20" wheels would move my delivery to Q3. Later it changed to Q4, then December at the earliest. I changed my order to 19" wheels. I can always order a set of 20's after a few years when I need to change tires, if I can't get used to the look of the 19's.

DA told me that mu choice of 20" wheels would move my delivery to Q3. Later it changed to Q4, then December at the earliest. I changed my order to 19" wheels. I can always order a set of 20's after a few years when I need to change tires, if I can't get used to the look of the 19's.
Agree but for me it’s also about the tires… all season vs. summer.

Agree but for me it’s also about the tires… all season vs. summer.
Right, in San Diego summer tires will have much more grip year-round than all-season. In the SF bay area, we can also get by on summer tires all year, though we can't take them to Tahoe in the winter.

Right, in San Diego summer tires will have much more grip year-round than all-season. In the SF bay area, we can also get by on summer tires all year, though we can't take them to Tahoe in the winter.

I am not in SD yet and the AS does come in handy here. I might have to think about this.

My DA said the 19" are better for a smoother ride and bumps. I wish some hand 20" to give their experience.

Back