• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Phoenix - Lucids and Lattes at Luci’s

Which Luci's location do you prefer? You can select more than one line.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I no longer qualify to attend but a warning to those of you who will be attending: Remember that there is now construction on the 101 from Shea to Princess Drive and it is screwing up traffic not only on the 101 but also on roads like Hayden. So give yourself extra time to get there.
What happened ? :(

If I had to guess he is talking about how he’s not a real lucid owner. But that shouldn’t stop you from being a fan and coming to enjoy company of friends
Gotcha. I was on the waiting list for a few years for a RWD Pure. Finally Lucid announced that it would be releasing the specs of the Pure (in November as I recall). I waited and then, voila, only the AWD version was released. Nothing about how much decontenting would occur on the RWD version. After a couple of months the Genesis GV60P popped up in the Scottsdale market. It checked as many of my boxes as the Lucid, only different ones (Lucid had two major advantages one of which didn't matter to me: range; the other advantage was a huge one for Lucid, handling in the twisties). But the GV60P had a HUD, was easier for my aged body to get in and out of (I had just had a hip replacement) and was smaller (I am weird in that I prefer a smaller car). It also uses blended braking which I prefer.

So, I got the Genesis GV60 Performance model. A month ago a golf buddy of mine got the RWD Pure so now every Tuesday and Thursday my Genesis and his Lucid get to cohabitate.

I still miss the handling of the Lucid. I am hoping to improve that of the GV60P soon by replacing the Michelin Primacy A/S tires with Pilot 4S tires but it still won't handle like the Lucid but I do still enjoy the positives on the Genesis. Despite driving like a thief, and often passing others not because I have to but because it is so much fun, I have averaged 3.0 mkh during the year and a half I have owned it.

In a few years, if I am still driving, I could be looking at a Lucid. My ideal would be if the midsized Lucid could be available with luxury features (albeit at a price) or if my GV60P were totaled. The GV60P checked my three major boxes: power (almost 500 HP, >500 ft lb of torque), small size (length of a BMW X1, width of a BMW X3) and luxury (lots of buttons and switches, nappa leather, ultrasuede headliner, 360 cameeras, etc.). Now if it could only handle like a Lucid (okay...maybe the new electric Macan might pull that off but it was a mote in god's eye at the time).

Steve

Gotcha. I was on the waiting list for a few years for a RWD Pure. Finally Lucid announced that it would be releasing the specs of the Pure (in November as I recall). I waited and then, voila, only the AWD version was released. Nothing about how much decontenting would occur on the RWD version. After a couple of months the Genesis GV60P popped up in the Scottsdale market. It checked as many of my boxes as the Lucid, only different ones (Lucid had two major advantages one of which didn't matter to me: range; the other advantage was a huge one for Lucid, handling in the twisties). But the GV60P had a HUD, was easier for my aged body to get in and out of (I had just had a hip replacement) and was smaller (I am weird in that I prefer a smaller car). It also uses blended braking which I prefer.

So, I got the Genesis GV60 Performance model. A month ago a golf buddy of mine got the RWD Pure so now every Tuesday and Thursday my Genesis and his Lucid get to cohabitate.

I still miss the handling of the Lucid. I am hoping to improve that of the GV60P soon by replacing the Michelin Primacy A/S tires with Pilot 4S tires but it still won't handle like the Lucid but I do still enjoy the positives on the Genesis. Despite driving like a thief, and often passing others not because I have to but because it is so much fun, I have averaged 3.0 mkh during the year and a half I have owned it.

In a few years, if I am still driving, I could be looking at a Lucid. My ideal would be if the midsized Lucid could be available with luxury features (albeit at a price) or if my GV60P were totaled. The GV60P checked my three major boxes: power (almost 500 HP, >500 ft lb of torque), small size (length of a BMW X1, width of a BMW X3) and luxury (lots of buttons and switches, nappa leather, ultrasuede headliner, 360 cameeras, etc.). Now if it could only handle like a Lucid (okay...maybe the new electric Macan might pull that off but it was a mote in god's eye at the time).

Steve
Steve, you are still welcome to join. Lucids and Lattes is open to anyone that likes Lucids or wants to know more about them or just want to hang out :)! Bring your GV60P out and invite your friend with the Lucid. More the merrier.

Steve, you are still welcome to join. Lucids and Lattes is open to anyone that likes Lucids or wants to know more about them or just want to hang out :)! Bring your GV60P out and invite your friend with the Lucid. More the merrier.
Thanks. I did use to go to the meetups when I was on the waiting list. I still have the Lucid tee shirt. But I will have to see about next Sunday. Sundays is my day to see my grandkids in Tempe (3 and 1 year olds) and that is way more important than any car thing. My son and daughter in law determine when and where I go on Sundays.

Thanks. I did use to go to the meetups when I was on the waiting list. I still have the Lucid tee shirt. But I will have to see about next Sunday. Sundays is my day to see my grandkids in Tempe (3 and 1 year olds) and that is way more important than any car thing. My son and daughter in law determine when and where I go on Sundays.
I completely understand, family first.

Back