Passenger door handle broke on my Gravity right at the start of a road trip, plus more road trip notes

archon810

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
283
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
Right when we were leaving for a road trip, the passenger handle in my Gravity GT stopped presenting. I had to open it for my wife from the inside. Great start to a trip!

93800.webp


Now it's either stuck open or stuck closed. For example, in this photo the car is locked, yet the door handle is in the open position. I reported it to service, but haven't heard back yet as it's the weekend.

This car doesn't stop surprising me every day. When I thought I've seen every error and every warning, a new one inevitably pops up. And then it repeats again and again. I'm keeping a master list, which I will post someday, but by now it's dozens and dozens of issues long.

93830.webp

For example, today I got this alert for the first time: "Augmented Reality HUD limited". Wat? My car doesn't even have the AR HUD.

Then, as we were pulling out of a spot, reverse sensor beeps just never stopped beeping even as I started driving. I had to pull over and reboot the car to fix the annoying sound (switching back to reverse or park didn't fix it).

The left d-pad continues to be extremely finicky, requiring multiple pressed half the time to activate Drive Assist or cancel it. The right d-pad is perfect. Many others have the same issue with just the left d-pad, it seems to be a systemic issue. And with the amount of times you have to use drive assist on a long road trip, it quickly ruins what should otherwise be a pleasant experience.

Another random issue that sometimes pops up with the drive assist is it sometimes refuses to stay on, without any errors or warnings. I turn it on, it works for several seconds, then turns off by itself. Try again, same thing. Very frustrating.

The 407-mile range our Gravity is rated for = 300 actual miles in our experience with our driving habits. It's pretty good, but it's a far cry from 400+ miles.

I was so worried about the fob battery, I packed 2 spare batteries, as the last one died after only 12 days in both my wife's and my fobs.
Several people commented on the fantastic looks of the Gravity while I was waiting in front of the hotel. They were really impressed with the physical appearance, cargo capacity, and features. And then inevitably turned off when we moved to the topic of software.

When it works, the Gravity is a dream. But because almost every single day, a new issue crops up, it's death by 1000 papercuts.
 
Update: Got into the car tonight, yet another new issue I've never seen before. Why is there a steering wheel warning lit up? There's no accompanying error message.

93874.webp
 
Right when we were leaving for a road trip, the passenger handle in my Gravity GT stopped presenting. I had to open it for my wife from the inside. Great start to a trip!

View attachment 34562

Now it's either stuck open or stuck closed. For example, in this photo the car is locked, yet the door handle is in the open position. I reported it to service, but haven't heard back yet as it's the weekend.

This car doesn't stop surprising me every day. When I thought I've seen every error and every warning, a new one inevitably pops up. And then it repeats again and again. I'm keeping a master list, which I will post someday, but by now it's dozens and dozens of issues long.

View attachment 34563
For example, today I got this alert for the first time: "Augmented Reality HUD limited". Wat? My car doesn't even have the AR HUD.

Then, as we were pulling out of a spot, reverse sensor beeps just never stopped beeping even as I started driving. I had to pull over and reboot the car to fix the annoying sound (switching back to reverse or park didn't fix it).

The left d-pad continues to be extremely finicky, requiring multiple pressed half the time to activate Drive Assist or cancel it. The right d-pad is perfect. Many others have the same issue with just the left d-pad, it seems to be a systemic issue. And with the amount of times you have to use drive assist on a long road trip, it quickly ruins what should otherwise be a pleasant experience.

Another random issue that sometimes pops up with the drive assist is it sometimes refuses to stay on, without any errors or warnings. I turn it on, it works for several seconds, then turns off by itself. Try again, same thing. Very frustrating.

The 407-mile range our Gravity is rated for = 300 actual miles in our experience with our driving habits. It's pretty good, but it's a far cry from 400+ miles.

I was so worried about the fob battery, I packed 2 spare batteries, as the last one died after only 12 days in both my wife's and my fobs.
Several people commented on the fantastic looks of the Gravity while I was waiting in front of the hotel. They were really impressed with the physical appearance, cargo capacity, and features. And then inevitably turned off when we moved to the topic of software.

When it works, the Gravity is a dream. But because almost every single day, a new issue crops up, it's death by 1000 papercuts.
Well, to be fair, not having a HUD does limit the AR HUD features. So the warning is accurate at least.

Seriously though: sorry to hear you're having so many problems!
 
My passenger door handle also stopped presenting yesterday. I walked away from it for a while and came back and it still wouldn't present. I figured the motor had broken. But this morning, tada, it presented again.

I'm thankful because I'd never hear the end of it if I had to reach across the car to open my wife's door every day....
 
My passenger door handle also stopped presenting yesterday. I walked away from it for a while and came back and it still wouldn't present. I figured the motor had broken. But this morning, tada, it presented again.

I'm thankful because I'd never hear the end of it if I had to reach across the car to open my wife's door every day....
If my experience is of any indication, it will break again.
 
For example, today I got this alert for the first time: "Augmented Reality HUD limited". Wat? My car doesn't even have the AR HUD.
Technically, this should pop up on all vehicles with the HUD, since there are no Augmented Reality features yet (nor a timeline to deliver them) and thus it is limited vs what was sold. 😂
 
Had a similar issue with the door handle (and an insane number of other errors all at the same time, see my post from about a month ago) and it turned out to be software. KoP Studio had me take the battery out of the fob, walk away from the car for 15 minutes with the fob, put the battery back in the fob, pray to the deity of my choice, then re-approach the car slowly not making any sudden moves or eye contact. It fixed everything the car was fine.
 
Technically, this should pop up on all vehicles with the HUD, since there are no Augmented Reality features yet (nor a timeline to deliver them) and thus it is limited vs what was sold. 😂
"Limited" vs "Non existing"... just semantics 😂
 
Had a similar issue with the door handle (and an insane number of other errors all at the same time, see my post from about a month ago) and it turned out to be software. KoP Studio had me take the battery out of the fob, walk away from the car for 15 minutes with the fob, put the battery back in the fob, pray to the deity of my choice, then re-approach the car slowly not making any sudden moves or eye contact. It fixed everything the car was fine.
I take that the car senses your attitude 🙂
 
Back
Top