Part of trim fell off

A Fischman

Verified Owner
Cars
AT ZR Santa Cruz, 300SDL
DE Number
I have an issue with Passive unlock off. It does not activate on the driver side, but on the passenger side. The reason I mention this is tonight I went out to Costco. When I opened the front passenger door, all was fine. Upon returning from Costco I noticed that an insert on the roof trim was missing. It was there when I left. I have no idea how this happened. I guess that I will visit Costa Mesa service center once again.

Attachments

• Roof trim insert fell out - 01-10-2024 - 1.jpg
    Roof trim insert fell out - 01-10-2024 - 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
  • Roof trim insert fell out - 01-10-2024.jpg
    Roof trim insert fell out - 01-10-2024.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I have an issue with Passive unlock off. It does not activate on the driver side, but on the passenger side. The reason I mention this is tonight I went out to Costco. When I opened the front passenger door, all was fine. Upon returning from Costco I noticed that an insert on the roof trim was missing. It was there when I left. I have no idea how this happened. I guess that I will visit Costa Mesa service center once again.
Those don't typically come out on their own. Weird, wonder if someone pried it out.

Lucid is a new company, you have to expect every so often, they may forget to glue pieces in. It happens to all new manufacturers even some legacy unfortunately. Hope Lucid takes care of it for ya. I would also clarify if you feel they flew out while driving (which may make more sense if they weren't attached in place correctly/warranty claim) vs disappearing at costco (which would make it a vandalism/insurance claim) but that's a weird thing for someone to want to steal...

Lucid is a new company, you have to expect every so often, they may forget to glue pieces in. It happens to all new manufacturers even some legacy unfortunately. Hope Lucid takes care of it for ya. I would also clarify if you feel they flew out while driving (which may make more sense if they weren't attached in place correctly/warranty claim) vs disappearing at costco (which would make it a vandalism/insurance claim) but that's a weird thing for someone to want to steal...
These pieces aren't glued down because they pop out for the roof racks.

Those don't typically come out on their own. Weird, wonder if someone pried it out.
Thanks for your reply. It was parked far out at Costco for about 15 minutes. There was not time. There are no marks around it to indicate it was done deliberately. Why would someone do it anyway? You commented that they typically do not fall out by themselves however, there is always a first time.

hmmm is it possible it wasn't clipped in properly from the factory then?
That is what I expect. I did not know it was made to be taken off for roof racks. I don't have roof racks. Thanks for the iinformation.

Thanks for your reply. It was parked far out at Costco for about 15 minutes. There was not time. There are no marks around it to indicate it was done deliberately. Why would someone do it anyway? You commented that they typically do not fall out by themselves however, there is always a first time.
It takes 15 seconds to pop one out.

These pieces aren't glued down because they pop out for the roof racks.
And it seems they have the same degree of lateral movement in all cars I’ve owned. So when you check yours and you’re able to move it a bit left & right, it‘s entirely normal.

I‘m actually surprised these don’t pop out in car washes. As to why someone might steal one, maybe they need one to replace the missing one on their car. People are strange.

I‘m actually surprised these don’t pop out in car washes. As to why someone might steal one, maybe they need one to replace the missing one on their car. People are strange.
There is at least one owner on the forum that had this happen from the air dryer in the car wash. So yes it can happen that way.

I did not go to car wash. I never use them. Went to Costco and back home.

An easy warranty fix I think.

The same part of trim flew off my car in the car wash. The car is out for repair now to replace the part and it certainly looked glued down.

The same part of trim flew off my car in the car wash. The car is out for repair now to replace the part and it certainly looked glued down.
Sorry to hear that. I never go to car wash. It just flew off the car and I don't know how or when. The good news is that Lucid mobile service will come to my home on Jan 29 to take care of a few issues; none major. The technician is bringing a new part for the trim. I must commend Brad at Costa Mesa service center for coordinating this service call. He is really great to talk too. Lucid service so far is impeccable. Than you guys.

Back