Parking cameras when in traffic

kerplunk

I've noticed that the 360 parking cameras turn on automatically when I'm in traffic. Is there a way to make it not do that on public roads? Or better yet have it set to only manual control?

It's not a huge issue to X out of it, but it's always just a little distracting.

I've noticed that the 360 parking cameras turn on automatically when I'm in traffic. Is there a way to make it not do that on public roads? Or better yet have it set to only manual control?

It's not a huge issue to X out of it, but it's always just a little distracting.
There is no way to disable the camera from popping on. I find it annoying too, but I guess it thinks that you’re parking. There’s really no way you can tell that you are not in a parking lot and you are instead at a stoplight. What also bothers me about this particular issue is that when using CarPlay, and the cameras come on, it doesn’t always return back to CarPlay when the cameras go off.

I always keep a good distance from the vehicle in front of me. I've never had this happen while in traffic, but have had them come on if I approach an entrance with a dip, nice reminder to slow down unless I want to scrape the front!

They turn on when you get closer than 5ft to the car in front of you. It's a little far but just stay 61" back
I never made that connection between distance and speed and it turning on. Good to know. thanks.

Back