Options for getting out of a lease early in 2025

GautamPriya

New Member

Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Does anyone have information on lease transfer or otherwise getting out of a lease early?
 
I was recently laid off and contacted Lucid Financial regarding this sensitive topic. Long story short: They will not end the financial part of your lease early. You can turn the car in at any time, but you still owe the full contractual amount. They wouldn't budge for me.
 
I was recently laid off and contacted Lucid Financial regarding this sensitive topic. Long story short: They will not end the financial part of your lease early. You can turn the car in at any time, but you still owe the full contractual amount. They wouldn't budge for me.
Not sure how many months you had left but did they offer to discount the future cash flows? Ie a lump sum
 
There are companies such as swapalease.com that allow people looking to get out of a lease and people looking for a short term lease to connect and transact. I think a lot of YouTubers use this to constantly switch cars in and out of their channels.

Not endorsing, just making aware. Here's a screenshot, filtered on "Lucid". Both vehicles shown here are offers to sell or enter into a used vehicle lease.

1776343842376.webp
 
There are companies such as swapalease.com that allow people looking to get out of a lease and people looking for a short term lease to connect and transact. I think a lot of YouTubers use this to constantly switch cars in and out of their channels.

Not endorsing, just making aware. Here's a screenshot, filtered on "Lucid". Both vehicles shown here are offers to sell or enter into a used vehicle lease.

View attachment 38260
I believe this still requires support on Lucids end, which last I checked, they don’t support. Just went through this with a BMW (which was easy) and checked to see if I could get out of my Air for a gravity
 
I believe this still requires support on Lucids end, which last I checked, they don’t support. Just went through this with a BMW (which was easy) and checked to see if I could get out of my Air for a gravity
Yea, Lucid told me that I was not able to sell the car and pay it off. "You do not own the car," is what they said verbatim.
 
Yea, Lucid told me that I was not able to sell the car and pay it off. "You do not own the car," is what they said verbatim.
Well yeah its a lease. You rent it. You can buy it for the sum of remaining payments and the prenegotiated residual tho.
 
Back
Top