Opportunity for purchase and some advice

wilford23

New Member

Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Hello.

I am new to the forum. Have been reading and watching every video possible about the lucid air and the gravity. I think the technology is outstanding I had an opportunity to drive one that is for sale yesterday at a local Volvo dealership. It is a 2023 touring with after scouring this forum on how to know, seems to have the dream drive pro and the upgraded sound system. Obviously the Volvo salesman knew nothing about the car. So I am seriously considering purchasing this vehicle. So my questions
1. Would you purchase a lucid from a non lucid dealer. Am I taking a gamble?
2. This version has the all glass roof. I’ve read about the AC issues. Do the mesh inserts really help that you can purchase from lucid to reduce the temp? I live in North Carolina. Very hot and humid here.
3. The car still has two years of warranty. When something does go wrong how effective is lucid in helping you, if perhaps you might need a loaner car if the repair is extensive? Thanks so much for your help and advice.
 
2. Yes, the mesh inserts do make a big difference. They're easy to install and remove. I tend to leave mine in for 9 months of the year.

3. In my own experience, Lucid's service is fine, though my local service center (Millbrae) is overloaded with a nearby location slated to open later this year. Maybe someone from your area can chime in with their impression of your local service center.
 
I would do a bunch of homework on the car.
At the very least, run a complete Carfax and if you can, get a PPI by an independent mechanic to assess any body/frame damage.
You might be able to ask a Lucid service center to run the diagnostics on the car.

I'm in Atlanta so I have essentially the same weather, so I can attest the sunshades make a huge difference helping keep the car temps down when left in the sun. I run them May through October but very much enjoy the roof the rest of the year. The other thing to utilize is the Air's remote app. You can activate the AC or Heat long before you get to the car. For shorter errands, I'll just leave the car on "Keep" mode and leave the AC running if I'm hopping into a shop for something quickly. The range is so great this barely impacts the battery at all.

In my experience, Lucid service has been on par with other luxury brands. I believe the very early people got superb, white glove service, but I don't think that's the case anymore just because of scale. Their warranty is quite good and their mobile service can do a lot too. Being in North Carolina, your closest service center will be where I go, in Roswell, GA.
At this point, they are well aware of all the typical issues too.

If you have the VIN, I'd see if you can talk to a service advisor about your specific car and see how you feel about it after that call.
Also, I would see if any existing inventory matches what you are looking for and if a lease deal might work for you.

My Air Grand Touring is easily the best overall car I've ever owned and I've been privileged to drive and own just about everything out there.
Hope this helps.
 
I can attest that the sun shade makes a significant difference. I picked up my Air Touring from Roswell at the end of June and drove it back to the Charlotte area. It took a few days but I figured out that I needed to set the ac a bit lower in the Lucid than previous cars. I also got it tinted to NC legal and that helped keep the heat down also.
 
Hello.

I am new to the forum. Have been reading and watching every video possible about the lucid air and the gravity. I think the technology is outstanding I had an opportunity to drive one that is for sale yesterday at a local Volvo dealership. It is a 2023 touring with after scouring this forum on how to know, seems to have the dream drive pro and the upgraded sound system. Obviously the Volvo salesman knew nothing about the car. So I am seriously considering purchasing this vehicle. So my questions
1. Would you purchase a lucid from a non lucid dealer. Am I taking a gamble?
2. This version has the all glass roof. I’ve read about the AC issues. Do the mesh inserts really help that you can purchase from lucid to reduce the temp? I live in North Carolina. Very hot and humid here.
3. The car still has two years of warranty. When something does go wrong how effective is lucid in helping you, if perhaps you might need a loaner car if the repair is extensive? Thanks so much for your help and advice.
I live in the desert with an all glass roof and its zero issues. I set it at 72 and it barely even tries. I also have a glass roof Model Y and it sucks, its way worse. Like driving a greenhouse. Had to keep the shades in it almost year round.
 
Back
Top