Opening of frunk while driving forward. What can prevent this?

Lucas

Cars
Grand Touring
Recently stopped at a drive thru for a few minutes, placed shifter in P. When leaving, shifted into D and started driving out. Then touched the pilot panel to adjust a mirror. Apparently accidentally touched the open frunk button, and the frunk opened. Fortunately only going about 1 mph and no wind, so no damage. Anybody know what parameters exist that are supposed to lock out an inadvertent frunk opening?

I think it disables at 5mph, but I would need to test it.

Recently stopped at a drive thru for a few minutes, placed shifter in P. When leaving, shifted into D and started driving out. Then touched the pilot panel to adjust a mirror. Apparently accidentally touched the open frunk button, and the frunk opened. Fortunately only going about 1 mph and no wind, so no damage. Anybody know what parameters exist that are supposed to lock out an inadvertent frunk opening?
The service guys told me 1 mph, but I am not sure that they really know. Test it and report back.

I had my fronk open when I put the car in reverse in a parking lot and again as I stepped on the accelerator at a stop light. Rather embarrassing and unsafe.

Many thanks for the responses. As to the suggestion that I test it and report back, here is my report. Using the mobile key, the open frunk option blanked out as soon as I shifted into D. Using the pilot panel, the open frunk option was still active after shifting into D. but blanked out as soon as the car started moving. Three possible conclusions - (1) I did not accidentally touch the open frunk symbol on the pilot panel and this was a fluke event, (2) I did touch the open frunk symbol on the pilot panel and this was a fluke event, or (3) a recent OTA update has corrected the problem (my drive-thru event happened on December 24). IMHO all methods of opening the frunk & trunk should be interlocked with the shifter being in Park. I wanted to be certain that the higher-ups at Lucid were aware of this and thought that this forum would be the best way. Any chance someone can advise the correct conclusion?

I think this has been discussed already but I hope Lucid makes the trunk disabled when in D or R . Should only be able to open when in park; IMHO.
From my glimpse of the manual, the trunk can only be opened while in Park. Can this be duplicated for the frunk?

I have complained about this and submitted for improvement suggestion on autumn last year when this happened to me at traffic intersection. Twice it opened while I’m about to take off. The screen button was triggered from a phone cable slight touch. I had phone mounted and a dangling charging cable can touch screen. When I accelerate from stop still, that charging cable gets swing to pilot panel by G-force and heat of that cable became finger click.

I’m glad Lucid had finally fixed this little logical issue. But I just found some reviewer actually documented this on YouTube.

Back