On my 4th fob battery in 60 days of ownership

LUCI GT

Verified Owner
I picked my car up from the Riviera Beach service center on January 26th. Before releasing the car to me my service advisor said they needed the car a bit longer, an advisory had just come through. One of those fixes was to replace the key fob battery. Since that time I've had to replace the fob battery twice again, today being the second one. Is anybody else having issues with the fob draining the battery? This can't be normal. I'll call the service center tomorrow to report this issue.

I picked my car up from the Riviera Beach service center on January 26th. Before releasing the car to me my service advisor said they needed the car a bit longer, an advisory had just come through. One of those fixes was to replace the key fob battery. Since that time I've had to replace the fob battery twice again, today being the second one. Is anybody else having issues with the fob draining the battery? This can't be normal. I'll call the service center tomorrow to report this issue.
Seems excessive, but is your key fob within 20 -30 feet of your car?

Replaced battery once since September and it was done by a tech even though it wasn’t necessary

Never heard of Faraday pouch before this. I just ordered it off Amazon.

Never heard of Faraday pouch before this. I just ordered it off Amazon.
And what battery do you use to replace it? Some are rather short lasting, apparently; check the other fob battery threads.

And what battery do you use to replace it? Some are rather short lasting, apparently; check the other fob battery threads.
Yes, don't use Duracell.

I emailed my service advisor this morning. She said she will set up a mobile service visit to check my fob. She didn't say when this will be happening, but I'll give it a couple of days...

FWIW I bought these Faraday pouches from Amazon at two for $10, and they are working well.

I put mine in that Faraday pouch and I don't use them. My mobile key works 100% of the time. I have the so called valet card in my wallet as a backup which I used once to test

Back