Old video of Lucid Air Prototype

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
This little gem popped up on my YouTube.
Is it already been 5 years since the prototype? Kim Java and Alex Guberman were still raw back then. I only knew Lucid 12 months ago. This is my first time seeing prototype on video.

Very interesting! The design has come a long way from the prototype. I'm glad they didn't sell to ford! Thank for posting!

This is a good way to get into the proper mindset for how the final Gravity may end up. A lot changes between concept and shipping.

Those back seats!

They were amazing and still show up occasionally in new articles and videos as if they were actually available. I think Lucid still occasionally encourages notice of them, as they showcase the remarkable feat Lucid pulled off with its "space concept" for body and cabin design.

At the unveiling of the prototype, Lucid was anticipating a car with the deep rear seat footwells that are required for the operation of the footrests of the "Executive Seating". As development advanced they realized that those footwells could accommodate four battery modules and push the range of the car far enough ahead of the rest of the industry that they could hold that lead for a while. They decided that record-breaking range was a better marketing position for launch than reclining rear seats, as buyer focus on rear seating is more an Asian market thing, while range prevails as a key selling point in other markets.

If Lucid does decide to proceed with plans to introduce "Executive Seating", I suspect it will be seen first in the Asian or Middle-Eastern market.

The rear trunk becomes little more than a large glovebox with those seats, and some early reviewers such as Marques Brownlee noted that riding with the rear seats at or near full recline was actually very disorienting.

Fun seeing how the specs changed over time. The quick snap of the Lucid Air showed 400HP and 240Miles of range. They had a nice increase in HP and a huge increase in base range.

Yes, Lucid is entering Korea market and soon Middle East and SE Asia market. The price point they have will lure executives with chauffeur. So rear reclining seats of additional luxury option is geared for those private jet owners.

We're coming up on 12,000 miles and 10 months with the Lucid Air. I still come up with excuses, such as running an errand that could easily be bundled with another, to take the car out for a drive.

With the 2.0.12 update that has largely resolved our software issues, this car has turned out to be almost everything that I dreamed it would be when I first started gobbling up every tidbit of news I could find from the unveiling of the prototype going forward.

I remember when my brother, who is even more of an EV addict than I, told me there was a 1,000-hp car in development that was going to be called "Lucid". I rolled my eyes at the notion of that much power and at such a silly name for a car company. Then the prototype was unwrapped.

I doubt if I'll see in my lifetime another car that so engages my attention for as long as this one has.

Yes, Lucid has so many remarkable breakthroughs. It got me totally hooked. I wouldn’t be in current electrification movement if not for Lucid. My friends and brother who owns every family car Tesla just didn’t quite fully convinced me yet. It’s the range and luxury I wanted, not just performance with noisy ride.

We're coming up on 12,000 miles and 10 months with the Lucid Air. I still come up with excuses, such as running an errand that could easily be bundled with another, to take the car out for a drive.

With the 2.0.12 update that has largely resolved our software issues, this car has turned out to be almost everything that I dreamed it would be when I first started gobbling up every tidbit of news I could find from the unveiling of the prototype going forward.

I remember when my brother, who is even more of an EV addict than I, told me there was a 1,000-hp car in development that was going to be called "Lucid". I rolled my eyes at the notion of that much power and at such a silly name for a car company. Then the prototype was unwrapped.

I doubt if I'll see in my lifetime another car that so engages my attention for as long as this one has.
I’m so so happy to hear it’s resolved your major issues. You had it worse than almost any of us!

I’m so so happy to hear it’s resolved your major issues. You had it worse than almost any of us!

The system is now so responsive and free of the frequent minor glitches that used to plague it that I'm very optimistic. The only note of caution is that I've not yet had 2.0.12 long enough to be sure the less frequent but more severe problems -- such as screen freezes and white noise blasts -- will not recur. Here's hoping.

Back