Offset Difference in After-Market Wheels OK?

gryphoak

New Member

Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I came from a Tesla Model S with the same tire size and wheel bolt pattern as my 2025 Lucid Air Touring. My winter wheels are 19" with an offset of +32mm. My current stock wheels I believe are 40mm and the range Lucid recommends is 38-42mm offset. I would rather avoid buying new winter wheels for the Lucid but I'm wondering if the offset is too much? One tire place told me it was ok and it would just have a wider stance but another said it would rub against the car and affect driving.

Has anyone bought aftermarket wheels with a different offset recommended by Lucid? I'm wondering if I should take a chance and wait for the seasonal swap to check fitment or avoid a delay and buy a new set of wheels now.
 
Hard to say if they will fit without knowing the wheel widths, offsets and tire sizes. Perhaps you can try on the winter wheels now and tires now to see if they will work before winter rolls around?
 
Just use a 6-10mm spacer. Easily available online. I’d go for hubcentric spacers given the load of the car

Luckily you are trying to go from 32 to 40 and not the other way

A wheel with a +40mm offset will sit ‘inwards’ 8 mm more than a wheel with a +32mm offset so you definitely don’t want to put them on as is as they are likely to rub inside the wheel well etc. hence the space to push them back outwards
 
Last edited:
my comment above assumes the wheels are the same widths. Which you haven’t told us. There are online calculators to help you figure it out.
 
I came from a Tesla Model S with the same tire size and wheel bolt pattern as my 2025 Lucid Air Touring. My winter wheels are 19" with an offset of +32mm. My current stock wheels I believe are 40mm and the range Lucid recommends is 38-42mm offset. I would rather avoid buying new winter wheels for the Lucid but I'm wondering if the offset is too much? One tire place told me it was ok and it would just have a wider stance but another said it would rub against the car and affect driving.

Has anyone bought aftermarket wheels with a different offset recommended by Doodle Baseball Lucid? I'm wondering if I should take a chance and wait for the seasonal swap to check fitment or avoid a delay and buy a new set of wheels now.
A +32 mm offset on the 19" Tesla wheels is slightly outside Lucid’s recommended 38–42 mm range, but it isn’t dangerously far off. Here’s the practical impact:
  • Lower offset (+32 vs +38–42) pushes the wheel ~6–10 mm outward, giving a slightly wider stance.
  • This usually won’t cause rubbing on a Lucid Air as long as tire width matches stock (e.g., 245 section on Touring 19s).
  • The main considerations are:
    • More road spray/debris on the sides
    • Slightly heavier steering feel
    • Marginally higher suspension/steering wear, but nothing severe at that small difference
Most owners running offsets in the +30 to +45 range report no fitment issues.

Bottom line: Your +32 mm winter wheels will likely fit and drive fine on the Lucid Air. If you want 100% certainty, test-fit one front and rear during the seasonal change, but you probably don’t need to buy new wheels.
 
I would proceed with a slight bit of caution
I had some lovely wheels picked out and the fit the front but hit the rear brake caliper. The wheels were selected based on the make, model, year. 2022 Air GT
Ended up with Tesla knockoff aero wheels, not what I wanted but they were available right here right now
 
Hi, I thought I would update this thread after driving on snow and ice with the wheels and tires I originally had on my Tesla. The technician that installed the winters said it looked like they fit. I drove around a few times in the fall to make sure the tires did not scrape and it seemed fine. I took the Lucid for a ski trip with a 4 hour return drive and it did wonderfully in the snowstorm on uncleared hilly rural roads and salty wet major highways. And yes, my tires were the same 245 width as the stock Lucids. Thank you to everyone who replied.
 
Back
Top