Now I see for myself (key fob issues)

9point81

Active Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
994
Reaction score
2,073
Cars
26 Gravity GT Black, EV9
So when the update came out earlier this year, 3.4.1, my key fob issues largely went away and with the update to the fob firmware and replacement of the fob from the bad batches, I hardly ever see access issues with my Gravity anymore. I've seen people say they are still having them, but I hadn't been experiencing them anymore, so I couldn't really understand how bad it still is for some. Well now I know. I have had a Gravity loaner for a few days and this one is definitely one of the problem ones with key issues. It's just a hot mess. Vast majority of the time, it doesn't unlock/lock on proximity or even remote presses. Several key not found warnings. I changed the battery for one of my own, checked it's firmware and still as bad as I've ever seen. So those of you living like this every day, I see you! You are hanging tough and this is a mess they need to get fixed on all their cars and I really hope the next update gets all their cars to a very good point. I just use the key card now bc of course with a loaner, I can't use the app but at least the key card has been 100% functional.
 
I have only recently had major issues- can't pinpoint what but they came back after recent service where I requested an additional key for my wife. Now it's frustrating moments of trying to open the doors, fumbling to shake the key, open the app, take out the key card, hoping one of these will work as everything seems to be unresponsive.
I feel for those that use this as their only daily vehicle and have to deal with these issues.
 
You know what, our key fob issues also started when we got a second key fob. Haven't stopped since. The key fobs did work beautifully for a couple of days after the mobile tech flashed them, but after I did a hard reboot on the car, the key fob issues came back.
 
Back
Top