• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Not recognizing child in Car seat

Dragonbeary

Cars
Lucid Air touring
When my child sits in the car seat, the car does not recognize a passenger in that rear seat. Do you know if this is a software bug or a safety issue that Lucid should address ?

I have the same problem. I heard the sensor is for someone/thing over 50 lbs and my kids plus booster don't hit that yet...

But do you want it to? My one year-old grandson is in the backseat of the car all the time and I don’t want the warning to happen because his car seat has its own belt.

But do you want it to? My one year-old grandson is in the backseat of the car all the time and I don’t want the warning to happen because his car seat has its own belt.
It doesn't bother me, because I don't move until they are buckled in out of habit, but for your case, yea, especially with the LATCH system that'd be annoying as heck!

The issue is not with the warning. The question is whether my child will be safe in case of an accident, even if the car does not recognize the child in the seat.

The LATCH and seatbelt still work, it's just the sensor which doesn't recognize the weight.

Even the service center doesn’t know, and now becomes an issue until it is resolved.

Even the service center doesn’t know, and now becomes an issue until it is resolved.
The real question is, are the weight limits only to trigger the warning on the dashboard or do they have any other function related to airbags or seatbelts? Correct?

My daughter is 56 pounds and it’s not recognizing her. I tried both the back and the front seat when on my driveway and there was no alert to say she was not buckled . Hopefully that does not impact the deployment of airbags when needed 🤞🏼

I have a 74 pound kid and 55 pound kid in boosters. It doesn’t recognize them. I would bet the sensor is in the middle of the seat so the boosters don’t trigger it with the high sides of the seat. But I’ve never asked.

Back