North Carolina Rally: Route 64 to Blue Ridge Highway to Asheville, NC

If you are interested, could you please indicate number of participants for planning purposes?

  • 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 3

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Interested in future events, but cannot make this event.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    2

Rogue

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
1,040
Reaction score
1,022
Cars
Lucid Air GT-P
Tentative Route: https://maps.app.goo.gl/KRZNP4AhTyL3XvLu5?g_st=ac

Route Summary:
- Start in Franklin, NC
- Drive Route 64 (Scenic Highway)
- Drive Route 276 into Pisgah National Forest
- Drive Blue Ridge Highway (Scenic Highway)
- End in downtown Asheville, NC

Duration: 3 hours, excluding stops.
When: March-April timeframe on a Saturday

Tentative Schedule:
Start around 1300 ET after folks eat lunch. We work our way through the route with a mid-way point along the route somewhere in Pisgah National Forest. Allow folks to stop for many opportunities for waterfall and scenic overlook photos in the first half. Last half of the route folks break into smaller groups based on interests of hiking, arriving early in Asheville to sight see, etc. In Asheville, I can reserve dinner at Brasilia Churrasco Steakhouse for the group to eat around 1830 ET. We had dinner after our wedding here and cannot recommend it enough.

Charging Options:
Franklin, NC
Sylva, NC
Cherokee, NC
Waynesville, NC
Asheville, NC

Why this route?
The last event with Tail of the Dragon was fantastic. Unknown to many there are equally fantastic routes, if not better in different aspects, that can be enjoyed in this region. This route has fairly light traffic and use allowing for a more relaxed pace without the inherent stress of high end sports cars and motorcycles tailgating from impatience. I would label this route as far more scenic and diverse in scenery (mountain rivers to overlooks to valleys).

Why you should consider participating in the rally?
The start destination provides a short hop for folks in Atlanta, GA with Franklin, NC being a less touristy and more authentic rural mountain town. The downtown has a number of unique stores with a number of places to eat nearby. There are several starting places for us to kickoff the rally that allow everyone to stay together.

In addition, this route and event is planned only for the last half of the day. We end in Asheville, NC that maintains its charm and iconic destination. There is even more to do in Asheville, NC for Saturday night after dinner and the following Sunday before heading home.

Most importantly, everyone had a great time at the last rally. I would like to do these more frequently, at least annually, to bring together Lucid owners.

DISCLAIMER: This event is tentative until interest can be determined. I will be asking for a per person meal coverage to reduce number of no shows and secure the reservation once a date is determined. If they do not require upfront payment of a reservation, they will require payment via one check post-dinner, so I want to make this part of the experience painless for everyone. Nearly every high end restaurant in Asheville requires upfront payment for reservations. Dinner at this restaurant at the time of writing is $51.95 for the Rodizio Dinner and Salad Bar, $29.95 for Salad Bar only, and $19.95 for children ages 6-10. I'll setup some options to make it easy. If Lucid gets involved in this event, they may be able to facilitate collection as a third party, but I cannot guarantee this an individual.

For those not familiar with a Brazilian Steakhouse, servers bring choice cuts of meat that they either carve or serve onto your plate without limit. The salad bar is not a half forgotten addition but rather a wide array of options, including soups, quail eggs, and just about anything else you can think of. This restaurant is award winning and personally recommended.
 
Last edited:
Looks like a blast. We're planning to retire in Asheville in 5-6 years so I really enjoy learning about these scenic routes.
 
This sounds like a lot of fun! Count us in as we'll drive in from Alabama to do this. Other than the weekend of April 18, I'm pretty open the rest of the timeframe mentioned.
 
Definitely interested but I won't know for sure until my son's travel soccer schedule is published sometime in February.
 
Depending on the date I would love to join. We’ll be traveling a bit during those dates so I’ll be both enthusiastic and tentative
 
Back
Top