• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Newbie from New Jersey

jburbaum

Cars
Lucid Air 2023
I took delivery on a base model Air Pure about a month ago. It is my first fully electric vehicle. My last was a now-discontinued BMW 530e, and the Air had better lease terms than the BMW i5 and a significantly better driving experience as well. There were a few bumps on delivery, but driving around (even in traffic) is incredible. It is the new "Ultimate Driving Machine"! I love the challenge of taking an entire trip without touching the brakes. It makes Tesla feel like a toy.

I plan on being reasonably active here as I learn my new car's idiosyncrasies. I'm looking forward to some productive conversations!

Welcome, fellow NJ driver! I've only seen a single other Lucid in the wild so far, maybe you'll be the next...

I took delivery on a base model Air Pure about a month ago. It is my first fully electric vehicle. My last was a now-discontinued BMW 530e, and the Air had better lease terms than the BMW i5 and a significantly better driving experience as well. There were a few bumps on delivery, but driving around (even in traffic) is incredible. It is the new "Ultimate Driving Machine"! I love the challenge of taking an entire trip without touching the brakes. It makes Tesla feel like a toy.

I plan on being reasonably active here as I learn my new car's idiosyncrasies. I'm looking forward to some productive conversations!
Congrats! Welcome to the NJ Lucid owners club.

Congrats! Welcome to the NJ Lucid owners club. I have see quite a few in CNJ.

@Rossb2k where are you located?

Welcome! i only encountered other Lucid in north jersey a few times in 1.5 years of ownership.

Congrats and welcome. After 17k miles I still drive with a smile! You'll see me at the East Brunswick Walmart or the Bridgewater target charging.

Congrats and welcome. After 17k miles I still drive with a smile! You'll see me at the East Brunswick Walmart or the Bridgewater target charging.

Yeah I saw you couple of times in EB Walmart charging 😂. I think you and I have same ZR exterior (atleast).

Hello fellow owner

Yeah I saw you couple of times in EB Walmart charging 😂. I think you and I have same ZR exterior (atleast).

Hello fellow owner
Yes indeed! I was at target early this morning charging. My new favorite buffet is Umi so I'll probably be charging in EB more :).

Congrats and welcome

Are you in Northern or Southern Jersey?
it takes a few weeks to get comfortable with the layout but it comes together one with the machine by then I'm in Red Bank one of three owners that I know of. Best of luck!

Welcome to this forum and to a great driving experience. I live in Freehold. Recently, I had my annual service done. When I mentioned to the service tech that I knew of only one other owner in Freehold (recent). To my surprise he indicated there are about a dozen here, but I have yet to see one.

Welcome to this forum and to a great driving experience. I live in Freehold. Recently, I had my annual service done. When I mentioned to the service tech that I knew of only one other owner in Freehold (recent). To my surprise he indicated there are about a dozen here, but I have yet to see one.
There are quite a few owners in the San Diego area, a few hundred at least. Despite that, I'm lucky if I see even one in a week.

Congrats and welcome
I was going to caution you about taking the car to a regular car wash, don't. I had the car ceramic coated and just use mild soap and water, buffed with a soft cloth. The car washes are not suitable with the paint and thin body metal used in EV's. County Line in Jackson did a great job for me and they are Lucid certified for repairs. Stuff happens as they say.

Welcome!! Pics of the car please! Love seeing the new pics.

Hello from another Lucid owner in Bergen County up in North Jersey. I’ve seen two other Lucid to date in the wild since I got mine, one in Whole Foods in Woodcliff Lake, and one at lifetime in Montvale. The one I saw at the bagel shop in Montvale was what led me to eventually get the car.

A Jersey Lucid get together would be awesome

Back