New York Registration

JRLucid

New Member

Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Cars
Gravity
I received the New York resident leasing checklist this morning. On the list of documents that require signing, is the bill of sale. This document was not included in the packet. Is this because I leased?

It is also asking for my SSN. Is this a requirement in NY for new vehicle registration?

I assumed that no more documents would need signing and I would get my new plates. I saw that I had a package outside and thought it was my new plates. I had only purchase/lease vehicles from dealers and Tesla before. This is a first experience. My MY was delivered with NY plates and registration/inspection.

Loving the Gravity. Just can’t wait for paak.
 
The temporary non-resident Arizona registration is in the glovebox. You'll have to wait a few weeks to get your NY registration, possibly forwarded from Lucid. I've gotten it from dealers in the past, Tesla and Ford.
 
The temporary non-resident Arizona registration is in the glovebox. You'll have to wait a few weeks to get your NY registration, possibly forwarded from Lucid. I've gotten it from dealers in the past, Tesla and Ford.
More than a few weeks, actually. I remember I got mine very close to the 90 days expiration date of the temp AZ registration
 
More than a few weeks, actually. I remember I got mine very close to the 90 days expiration date of the temp AZ registration
Yeah it can take up to 3 months, but that's longer than average. I got my NY registration about 2-3 weeks after I bought my Tesla back in March.
 
I went through two temp plates before Lucid could get my local (state) registration completed.
 
The packet I received was missing the bill of sale. Is this required for a lease in NY? Also, the form is asking for my SSN and says it’s required for registering in NY.
 
A followup: something has changed either in AZ or NY (or else I'm just really lucky -- which is almost never true). I took delivery on 8/11 and my NY Plates and registration (and temporary inspection) arrived today: 8/19. That is much better than I had been led to expect.
 
Mine took a little bit longer than that, but still a very reasonable 3 weeks.
 
Back
Top