New owner picking up this week, Lucid Air Pure, near Montreal!

LucidGoosey

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
Super excited to be picking up my Air this week!
I had a deposit on a Polestar 4 but delivery date was pushed back to next summer, visited Lucid, and the lease rates / interest rates / residuals were much better on the Lucid, and the test drive (and awesome sales experience) sealed the deal at Lucid Montreal.

I also test drove a BMW i4 - which costs about $35k less than the Lucid here, and somehow the monthly payments ended up being hundreds more.

I'm not a multimillionaire or business owner, just a regular dude who's generally careful with money and I didn't expect to be able to afford a car like this, but all of the above - and finding an insurer who is charging me a third of what I would pay on the other vehicles I was looking at - made it happen.

Looking forward to reporting on the winter performance with range / RWD (I had an ATS-V, then an Ioniq 6 RWD before in the winter here in the mountains where it snows and freezes well below zero all the time, and it was fine with good winter tires). I got Nokian hakkapeliittas because of the EV and XL load rating.

Super excited to be picking up my Air this week!
I had a deposit on a Polestar 4 but delivery date was pushed back to next summer, visited Lucid, and the lease rates / interest rates / residuals were much better on the Lucid, and the test drive (and awesome sales experience) sealed the deal at Lucid Montreal.

I also test drove a BMW i4 - which costs about $35k less than the Lucid here, and somehow the monthly payments ended up being hundreds more.

I'm not a multimillionaire or business owner, just a regular dude who's generally careful with money and I didn't expect to be able to afford a car like this, but all of the above - and finding an insurer who is charging me a third of what I would pay on the other vehicles I was looking at - made it happen.

Looking forward to reporting on the winter performance with range / RWD (I had an ATS-V, then an Ioniq 6 RWD before in the winter here in the mountains where it snows and freezes well below zero all the time, and it was fine with good winter tires). I got Nokian hakkapeliittas because of the EV and XL load rating.

From one regular dude to another - congratulations!! You will love your air. It is such a treat to drive it. That combined with the amazing community here is unmatched in my books!

Should be great in the snow. I had a RWD on order but it kept getting pushed back so I took a Pure AWD. Always had had RWD to drive over the mountains in VT to get to ski resorts. As long as I had good snow tires and a car with close to 50% on the rear I was fine going up the typical 13% grades I encountered. Only issue was starting from dead stop in deeper stuff.

Back