New owner (In 2 Days)

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Referral Code
10M0U4OH
Hello group, I'm a soon to be new owner (in 2 days) of a Lucid Air Pure. This will be my first EV so I'm excited.

I will be taking advantage of the Lucid $1,000 charger credit for home charging. After receiving quotes from 2 companies, I'm getting a 60 Amp circuit put in. The price for me to go 100 Amp was too expensive.

My question is, should I invest in a Tesla to J1772 adapter so I can utilize the Tesla home chargers? A few Airbnb's I have been thinking of renting have Tesla home chargers? I have seen a few on Amazon that are pretty cheap.

Thanks

Hello group, I'm a soon to be new owner (in 2 days) of a Lucid Air Pure. This will be my first EV so I'm excited.

I will be taking advantage of the Lucid $1,000 charger credit for home charging. After receiving quotes from 2 companies, I'm getting a 60 Amp circuit put in. The price for me to go 100 Amp was too expensive.

My question is, should I invest in a Tesla to J1772 adapter so I can utilize the Tesla home chargers? A few Airbnb's I have been thinking of renting have Tesla home chargers? I have seen a few on Amazon that are pretty

I wouldn't go cheap it may cause a fire and burn down your Airbnb.

Here is one that a lot of forum users recommend.

I have 12,000 miles on my Lucid and have had no reason to buy a tesla charging adapter.

The large new Supercharger station at Miramar Outlet Mall in Ft. Myers, Florida also has a long row of Tesla-branded Level 2 chargers with CCS plugs. I've tried them twice just to see what happens, and they only delivered 1-3 kW to our Lucid. Useless.

Another cyclist 👌👍
Unfortunately my cycling days are over. About 10 years ago I had my 1 and only wreck in over 20 years of riding. My neighbor's dog took me out as I was returning home from a ride. I ended up breaking both hands and now have very bad arthritic joints in both hands. Makes it too painful to ride now. Had great times while cycling.

Unfortunately my cycling days are over. About 10 years ago I had my 1 and only wreck in over 20 years of riding. My neighbor's dog took me out as I was returning home from a ride. I ended up breaking both hands and now have very bad arthritic joints in both hands. Makes it too painful to ride now. Had great times while cycling.
Damn that's terrible. Sorry to hear. 20 years though that's a hell of a run.

My question is, should I invest in a Tesla to J1772 adapter so I can utilize the Tesla home chargers? A few Airbnb's I have been thinking of renting have Tesla home chargers? I have seen a few on Amazon that are pretty cheap.
Buy a Tesla Tap that is 100 amp, if you travel. Do not go cheap. Most of the time you will pull significantly less. However, since the Lucid can pull 80 amps and there are some Tesla destination chargers that can deliver 80 amps, you want an adapter that can handle the full amperage that the Lucid will pull. Again, do not go cheap on this.

Back