New owner from Akron, OH

Jackie Daytona

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air GT
My 2024 Air GT is arriving on Monday, and will be road-tripping it immediately the next day. Very excited to join the community and I will try and report my efficiency and charging curve, as I understand there may be a few differences with the new model year folks are interested in.

Welcome. I'm in Brecksville and have had my Touring for 18 months now...great car in the Northeast Ohio winters! (with all season tires)

Welcome. I'm in Brecksville and have had my Touring for 18 months now...great car in the Northeast Ohio winters! (with all season tires)
I got the 20inch wheels, so I'll have to find a suitable set of All-Season tires when the time comes. I'd love to learn about your experience in the Touring. I literally only had the opportunity to test drive a Lucid for like 25 minutes a few weeks ago, and enjoyed the test drive so much I went and ordered one, so there is a lot I don't know about the ins and outs of it.

I have the 20's as well and went with the Michelin All Seasons, which have been great. I'll send you a DM...glad to grab coffee or lunch to chat a bit about ownership to date.

I got the 20inch wheels, so I'll have to find a suitable set of All-Season tires when the time comes. I'd love to learn about your experience in the Touring. I literally only had the opportunity to test drive a Lucid for like 25 minutes a few weeks ago, and enjoyed the test drive so much I went and ordered one, so there is a lot I don't know about the ins and outs of it.
Similar boat here, test drive a few weeks back, attempted to buy a demonstrator from CA to ship to NJ, it got damaged, now awaiting return of funds to close on a deal through a dealership. Hopefully < 24hrs to go, then car should be here next week.

I would review Bobby's YT channel "Bobby on the Air," to listen to the 'top bugs' list and some of the walkthroughs he provides. I think he does a great job of setting expectations for new owners. That, and it doesn't hurt to review the owners manual.

Have you had a chance to think through your home charging setup?

Similar boat here, test drive a few weeks back, attempted to buy a demonstrator from CA to ship to NJ, it got damaged, now awaiting return of funds to close on a deal through a dealership. Hopefully < 24hrs to go, then car should be here next week.

I would review Bobby's YT channel "Bobby on the Air," to listen to the 'top bugs' list and some of the walkthroughs he provides. I think he does a great job of setting expectations for new owners. That, and it doesn't hurt to review the owners manual.

Have you had a chance to think through your home charging setup?
I currently have a Rivian and Rivian home charger, and my brother is buying his first home this year and just recently got his first EV (IONIQ 6). So my plan is to use the 1k Lucid credit to buy the Lucid charger and swap it out with my Rivian one and gift the Rivian one to my brother. I'll probably downrate the charger to 48-60amps.

I have the 20's as well and went with the Michelin All Seasons, which have been great. I'll send you a DM...glad to grab coffee or lunch to chat a bit about ownership to date.
That would be great!

Back