New Member in Virginia

Will do. Having a moment with the front license plate. In Virginia, we will be ticketed without it. I am hating having to drill into that beautiful front end. Researched alternatives including plugging something into the tow eye and others discussed already on this forum. Dammit- but think I have to drill.

Will do. Having a moment with the front license plate. In Virginia, we will be ticketed without it. I am hating having to drill into that beautiful front end. Researched alternatives including plugging something into the tow eye and others discussed already on this forum. Dammit- but think I have to drill.
Service should do that and they have a template for it.

Heeere's Lucy!! Alongside Peggy, her electric Mini Cooper SE stablemate. We have both ends of the EV car spectrum covered.

IMG_25863.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase! I didn't think twice about having the front plate installed during delivery. I sure didn't want to be drilling holes in my new Lucid.

Where in VA? I'm in Springfield and have had my Fathom Blue Pure since August. The guys at Tyson installed my plate at delivery as I waited. As was mentioned, they have a template for installation. It looks much better than I envisioned it would.

I’m in northern VA and have gone without a front plate on my last few cars. Never have had an issue.

I’m in Maryland which also requires a plate but decided to take my chance without installing. One year in and no issues. I don’t know if they are allowed to pull you over as a primary offense but have it in the trunk and will just say it’s a new manufacturer and waiting for a slot that dealer can fit me in for install. Can’t hurt to try.

No! Don't drill holes in your bumper! I have been driving around in VA for months without a front plate with no issues from LE professionals. I have not checked if they make a product for the Lucid Air, but check out Sto-n-Sho. It mounts under the bumper and allows you to install a front plate without drilling into the front of the bumper.

Thanks for that recommendation. I will check out Sto-n-Sho. Really do not want to drill into the bumper- I know they will do it for me at the service center, but the issue is the same in that it permanently mars the bumper.

Congrats! Lucy looks great! I am in NOVA also and taking my chances with not having the front plate. Been lucky for almost a year without them, but just couldn't bring myself to have holes there, template or no template.

Congratulations, I had the studio in Tyson’s installed at delivery, may be I shouldn’t have done it. Enjoy the car. It is beautiful

Welcome! Some of us are trying to meetup in Great Falls at some point in the future when we have more favorable weather. There is a DMV thread somewhere.

Back