New member from Chicago- Quantum Grey Grand Touring on order

MFchicago

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Hi all, I am expecting delivery in July. I was told that Quantum Gray deliveries have started and delivery is on track. Has anyone received theirs?
I did a test drive yesterday. I am a current Tesla S owner for 5 years and have been very happy with the product. The Lucid has a similar feel to the Tesla but it has a faster acceleration and better handling on the curves.

I addressed concerns I have heard or read about in particular those outlined in the Bloomberg Article, and from an owner in AZ who said the AC doesnt blow hard enough. The cabling recall issue has been fixed and shouldnt be an issue for cars yet to be delivered. I didnt find any of the other issues to be the case or significant, and I believe the article had an unwarranted negative slant. There were some quirks , most significantly and concerning was the lid access to the charging port. This is opened by touching 2 or 3 fingers just right before the lid slides down, and then having to nudge it from the bottom to slide it up. It did not open multiple times, until a reboot was performed. When the manual opening doesnt work, you have to open the car door to open it from a panel switch. This is inconvenient and one of the only design features I think is much better on the Tesla. The Tesla pops open when you press a button on the handle of the charger before inserting it, and it closes when done charging. Some of the functions on the touch panel were quirky or slow. I was told that these issues may be related to the test vehicle being pre production. The reboot process involves moving the wiper control down then swiping the key from the outside near the window. A reboot from the inside would be preferred, similar to Tesla where you simply hold 2 buttons on the wheel down. Unlike Tesla which I was told should be rebooted regularly, I was informed that a reboot for the Lucid should not be needed regularly. Other functions that are not present that I believe should be are: the ability to open and close the rear hatch from the key fob. Unfortunately it is the opposite from the Tesla which allows control of the rear not the front. Also there is no summon feature either from the key or phone app. I was told that some of these functions may be available in teh future and will occur via software updates. Finally, there is no heads up display, which seems to be a common component of even entry level vehicles these days. I think its a big miss, and it will not be able to be added via software updates. I went in to my test drive appointment a bit concerned. I left feeling while things are not perfect, they arent deal breakers and I am excited to move forward with final purchase.

I would like to hear other owners experiences with any of these issues please.

Sorry Grand Touring. Ordered March 15, I was told delivery expected Mid May to Mid June, I requested an after June 30th delivery as Illinois has approved an additional tax credit after that date

You can use the key fob to open the front or rear.

Hi all, I am expecting delivery in July. I was told that Quantum Gray deliveries have started and delivery is on track. Has anyone received theirs?
I did a test drive yesterday. I
Yeah, I would love to hear about more Gray cars being delivered but haven't heard about any in noticeable numbers. One person in Houston has received theirs, but all the rest of the folks active on this forum with a Gray order are still waiting for theirs as of this past week, including myself. As for the other software concerns, many are being addressed by Lucid, including the trunk now being open-able by the fob. I can't comment on the other hardware things since I don't have an EV (this will be my 1st), however I would think that you wouldn't WANT to have a reboot of the car be easy to do, because then it could happen inadvertently. Kind of like you have to press Cntrl-Shift-Del on Windows, hard to do so it doesn't happen by mistake. The people on this forum who have their cars can comment how many times they have had to reboot their car, maybe that will give perspective on whether it is fine as is or could benefit from alternative way to do so. As for HUD, that is a whole different issue; I am sure you will get 100's of opinions on why it is great vs. why it isn't, but yeah I guess they didn't so that is that. I think you will be pretty happy with getting one, as nearly 95% of people here seem to be. There are some who aren't totally satisfied, but like all other things in life nothing is perfect for everyone. I still can't believe there are people on the planet who don't think chocolate is the greatest food invention by humanity, and actually don't like eating it. :) FYI I lived in Chi-city for 2 years, really is a great place. I think having an EV there would be pretty cool, but with the downtown roads being a bit rough I would personally go with the 19" tires if I still lived there as they will handle the road surface better, especially in the winter.

Sorry Grand Touring. Ordered March 15, I was told delivery expected Mid May to Mid June, I requested an after June 30th delivery as Illinois has approved an additional tax credit after that date
Well, if you’re selling your model S you’re about to be very happy for the upgrade & also the price you’ll get for the S. However, I wouldn’t count on getting the Lucid that quickly given the large numbers of folks who are still waiting for theirs - did they really tell you 2 months until delivery? Most confirmed orders are told 4 months minimum, with that timeframe very rarely reached. It’s possible they solved some of the production issues but doubtful the ramp up will be that quick. Anyway, as you read the forum you’ll find all kinds of tips, complaints and flat out enthusiasm for the car. I’m getting mine out of Goose Island hopefully in July (order date of Feb 15), and hear they’re very busy. Welcome!

Well, if you’re selling your model S you’re about to be very happy for the upgrade & also the price you’ll get for the S. However, I wouldn’t count on getting the Lucid that quickly given the large numbers of folks who are still waiting for theirs - did they really tell you 2 months until delivery? Most confirmed orders are told 4 months minimum, with that timeframe very rarely reached. It’s possible they solved some of the production issues but doubtful the ramp up will be that quick. Anyway, as you read the forum you’ll find all kinds of tips, complaints and flat out enthusiasm for the car. I’m getting mine out of Goose Island hopefully in July (order date of Feb 15), and hear they’re very busy. Welcome!

Our sales advisor at our local ”studio” also claimed that we’d get our car “in about two months.” I dismissed what she said out of hand.

Back