New Lucid Air Touring Owner- NJ

LucidGemini

Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2024
Hi everyone, I'm really excited to be a new Lucid owner and part of this awesome community! With the May on-site $5000 bonus, I recently got a great deal on an 18-month lease on a 2024 Lucid Air Touring. I've never owned an EV before and currently drive a Toyota Rav4, so this is a huge upgrade. It was love at first sight and drive when I test-drove it a few weeks ago in NJ!

Here are the specs I got-
Fathom Blue Metallic, Mojave PurLuxe Leather Alternative Interior, 20" Aero Lite Stealth Wheels, Stealth with Glass Canopy and Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive. Dream Drive Premium. 20-Way Power Heated Front Seats with Ventilation And Massage, and Comfort and Convenience Package.

Is there anything I should know as a new Lucid and first-time EV owner? Are you all getting mile ranges similar to those advertised in real life?

Welcome FB is an awesome color with massage seats( we didn’t have that option). Although, I like Zenith Red/Tahoe combo and believe that’s the best combo. But, my second and third choice was fathom blue and white. I hope you have used referral for further discounts. I have 8k+ mile with an average of 3.9 miles/ KWH.

Also, make sure to check to checks out rebates from PSEG and $250 EVSE credit look up a clean energy. Let me know info need any help.

Awesome car! Did you get sound system Pro? All the other options are perfect. Enjoy it!

Welcome FB is an awesome color with massage seats( we didn’t have that option). Although, I like Zenith Red/Tahoe combo and believe that’s the best combo. But, my second and third choice was fathom blue and white. I hope you have used referral for further discounts. I have 8k+ mile with an average of 3.9 miles/ KWH.

Also, make sure to check to checks out rebates from PSEG and $250 EVSE credit look up a clean energy. Let me know info need any help.
PSEG also gives a big rebate if you need to upgrade your service to support a home charger.

The Charge Up NJ program also gives a rebate towards purchase of a charger https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/home-ev-charger-incentive (this comes and goes based on funding)

I would also recommend getting new floor mats as the ones they give you are pretty medicore. I like the 3D mats, there are a few threads in these forums if you want to see more options.

Welcome to the club!

Thank you! ZR/Tahoe is an excellent combo. I was so close to getting ZR and was in between that and Quantum Grey. But when I saw the FB in stealth at the showroom, I was sold on that. It's a very unique shade of blue in that in certain light it looks grey.

I'll definitely check out the rebates from PSEG; thanks!

Awesome car! Did you get sound system Pro? All the other options are perfect. Enjoy it!
Thanks! I didn't go with the Pro system as I thought the basic surreal sound would suffice. I went with the massage chair upgrade instead as this would be more useful for me during long drives and while sitting in traffic on the east coast!

PSEG also gives a big rebate if you need to upgrade your service to support a home charger.

The Charge Up NJ program also gives a rebate towards purchase of a charger https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/home-ev-charger-incentive (this comes and goes based on funding)

I would also recommend getting new floor mats as the ones they give you are pretty medicore. I like the 3D mats, there are a few threads in these forums if you want to see more options.

Welcome to the club!
Wow that's amazing. I had no idea about these programs in New Jersey, but I will definitely check them out. Thank you!

Welcome to the club!! Sounds like great choices - taking the massaging seats over ssp makes sense. You’ll be looking for excuses to drive and be ready with ur elevator speech on lucid: ‘hey - sweet ride! What kinda car is that?’ You: it’s a lucid, stranger: oh yeah - who makes it? :) bound to happen - you’ll find yourself becoming an ambassador the more u drive it! (If ur experience is anything like mine and most of the folks here). Pics!?

@LucidGemini welcome and congrats!

Like you, I upgraded significantly and this is my first EV, too. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and so are other owners you may meet in person at events coordinated on the forum.

A few things I learned after delivery that might be helpful as you begin to enjoy the car -

1. The car has to be unlocked for you to unplug the charger. Took me a little while to figure this one out after thinking the first few times that the charging cable was stuck.

2. You have to be very vigilant to avoid potholes and poor road conditions. Less than one week after taking delivery, I was at the service center getting a new wheel since I broke one after hitting a vicious pothole early one morning. I used to drive lifted SUVs and never looked twice at potholes or curbs. The Lucid is a heavy car with performance tires and is lower to the ground. As with any sports luxury vehicle, sedans especially, you have to adjust your driving to prevent tire pops or wheel damage. Slightly overinflating the tires has helped me, thus far, from any issues since that first pothole I hit.

3. This is also my first very nice car. I used to take my prior cars through the automatic car wash or do a quick, one bucket home wash… Even as I skipped the automatic car washes for the Lucid, I was adding swirls and marring to the paint at close inspection thanks to my naivety of how to truly care for a car’s exterior. I learned a lot on this forum and found some very helpful members that guided me through how to properly wash the exterior without scratching the clear coat. It’s a beautiful car and deserves to be kept pristine!

As for floormats, I personally really like the rubber all-weather ones from the official Lucid store. They match the aesthetic and styling. You’ll want to get the charcoal dark gray color instead of black if you have Mojave purluxe (me too).

Enjoy!

Good to have another NJ Lucid owner on the Forum. Folks here are a wonderful source of information. I have had my car a year. Just yesterday a woman walked over to me as I was getting in my car, complimenting its looks and asking about it. I’m in my seventies, so no, she was really interested in just the car.

Good to have another NJ Lucid owner on the Forum. Folks here are a wonderful source of information. I have had my car a year. Just yesterday a woman walked over to me as I was getting in my car, complimenting its looks and asking about it. I’m in my seventies, so no, she was really interested in just the car.
Hey - you never know 😂

ur elevator speech on lucid: ‘hey - sweet ride! What kinda car is that?’ You: it’s a lucid, stranger: oh yeah - who makes it? :)
It’s a conversation we know all too well. It’s great. Also the “how do you like it?”

It’s a conversation we know all too well. It’s great. Also the “how do you like it?”
I actually saw a Mach-E owner walking up to a Touring owner and asking him, "Hey, can you still service that car even though Lucid went bankrupt?" I had to use all my might to not approach him and tell him how wrong he was, and let the Touring owner deal with it.

Hi everyone, I'm really excited to be a new Lucid owner and part of this awesome community! With the May on-site $5000 bonus, I recently got a great deal on an 18-month lease on a 2024 Lucid Air Touring. I've never owned an EV before and currently drive a Toyota Rav4, so this is a huge upgrade. It was love at first sight and drive when I test-drove it a few weeks ago in NJ!

Here are the specs I got-
Fathom Blue Metallic, Mojave PurLuxe Leather Alternative Interior, 20" Aero Lite Stealth Wheels, Stealth with Glass Canopy and Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive. Dream Drive Premium. 20-Way Power Heated Front Seats with Ventilation And Massage, and Comfort and Convenience Package.

Is there anything I should know as a new Lucid and first-time EV owner? Are you all getting mile ranges similar to those advertised in real life?
What part of NJ? I'm in Passaic. I would like to do a small event at some point with the NJ guys

Congrats, give us a feedback after few months of driving (no drooling on your seat allowed :) )

Back