New here, not to EVs

RockSports

Cars
'22 R1T, '24 i4 M50
Hello all,

I will start by saying I currently do not own a Lucid, although their Air is interesting; I don't have a use case for a sedan. I've joined to learn more about the brand and about the upcoming Gravity, which, from what I've seen, fits my use case perfectly. I started my journey into EVs in 2021 when I preordered a Rivian R1T, which I took delivery of in Sept 2022. It's by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, and Rivian was the first to market with an EV with enough cargo capacity to be helpful for me. Rivian is much more off-road-focused than I am. My R1T only sees unpaved roads when my housekeeper parks on the driveway, and I need to take the grass. At first glance, the Lucid is more of what I like about my R1 and less of what I don't need. I want something more luxury-focused with acceleration and excellent on-road handling. I live in the Smoky Mountains' foothills, so there are some twisties. I live less than an hour from the fabled tail of the dragon, but many of the roads around here share the same driving feel.

From a risk and service perspective, I was all in on my Rivian before they ever delivered a truck and happily paid them without knowing what would become of them as a company so the Lucid doesn't seem like much more of a risk. Service Rivian has a center in Nashville and Atlanta, which, according to Lucid, they do as well, so I would be in the same service boat.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting a little more familiar with the brand.

Back