New Feature? Unadvertised bug? Double tap to turn screen off

lucidtouringman

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
849
Reaction score
1,092
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Earlier today I discovered this completely by accident. If I double tap my pilot screen then it turns off. Tap once more and it comes back on. Pretty cool. Does anybody know if this is actually built in feature or more a bug? Because I have not seen or heard about this in the last 3 and 1/2 years of ownership. So this was a bit of a pleasant surprise. Apologies if this is documented and I need to RTFM but wanted to share anyway...
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260928_194901885~2.mp4
    3.7 MB
Been there forever.
 
In Gravity, they made an official turn off screen button, because too many people with Air, I’m guessing, thought the double tap was a bug. Or they were invoking it accidentally and reporting that their screen was “broken.”
 
In Gravity, they made an official turn off screen button, because too many people with Air, I’m guessing, thought the double tap was a bug. Or they were invoking it accidentally and reporting that their screen was “broken.”
Yeah I bought mine in 2023 and this wasn't a feature then as far as I can tell...had no idea until today that this existed...I'm sure there are others out there like me ... hopefully this helps them..
 
I think its a feature not a bug

I like it and I want it to stay
it does not bother me at all
 
It’s definitely a feature. But it’s not very discoverable.

I used it all the time with my Air. It’s existed at least since UX 2.0 was released.
 
Back
Top