New EA Labels

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
Nice to see that EA is putting that $400 million from Siemens to good use :rolleyes:

Still won't stop Bolt owners from using 350Kw chargers when 150's are available! They also need a red label to stick on all the faulty chargers they have

1662655660730.png

Attachments

• 1662655674533.png
    1662655674533.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1662655724702.png
    1662655724702.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 91
From everything I have been reading, the increased speed of the 350 is not sufficient to be worth the extra heat on the battery pack. The 150 would seem to be almost as fast getting one to 80%.

Yes, but now i'm seeing 328Kw being pushed to the car at 11% so Lucid is clearly tweaking the charging speed to have higher speeds last longer which then means the 350's will certainly be the chargers we want to use.

Nice to see that EA is putting that $400 million from Siemens to good use :rolleyes:

Still won't stop Bolt owners from using 350Kw chargers when 150's are available! They also need a red label to stick on all the faulty chargers they have

View attachment 4503
Yes, but how many folks with EVs (including Bolt owners) know that their cars can't make use of the higher charge speeds?

Yes, but how many folks with EVs (including Bolt owners) know that their cars can't make use of the higher charge speeds?
Well they need to get educated! There will be charger rage if they don't.

Their new stickers are beyond confusing. “Hyper” is faster than “Ultra”? I would think it should be the other way around.

More generally I wonder how much money and time they spent to end up with a solution to better differentiating 150 & 350 chargers that uses prefixes which, for all intents and purposes, are synonyms of each other?

I also was puzzling over which really meant a higher charge rate. Why not just use slow medium and fast, or maybe fast, faster, and fastest? Animal signs could do away with language barriers. In old PT running formations we had the turtles, coyotes and the roadrunner groups to sort into.

I also was puzzling over which really meant a higher charge rate. Why not just use slow medium and fast, or maybe fast, faster, and fastest? Animal signs could do away with language barriers. In old PT running formations we had the turtles, coyotes and the roadrunner groups to sort into.
And people will see slow and automatically go to the fastest. These stickers in general are stupid. They're not educating anyone because peoples natural instinct will be to go to the fastest charger thinking they will get the fastest speed which depending on your vehicle isn't going to be the case.

And people will see slow and automatically go to the fastest. These stickers in general are stupid. They're not educating anyone because peoples natural instinct will be to go to the fastest charger thinking they will get the fastest speed which depending on your vehicle isn't going to be the case.
Maybe EA’s rates should be slightly higher for 350 vs 150. The 350 units presumably cost more, and demand pricing for commercial electricity would mean running costs are also higher for 350 vs 150, all else equal.

That would incentivize people to get educated on what their car’s capability is and use the appropriate charger.

Maybe EA’s rates should be slightly higher for 350 vs 150. The 350 units presumably cost more, and demand pricing for commercial electricity would mean running costs are also higher for 350 vs 150, all else equal.

That would incentivize people to get educated on what their car’s capability is and use the appropriate charger.
Could work in future but the problem right now is a lot of carmakers are throwing in free charging for a number of years so people will just go to whatever charger they want to. I'd be ok paying a little extra for a faster charge but what I wouldn't be happy with is paying extra then to discover the charger isn't actually working properly and not delivering the speeds it should.

Back