New Air GT-P Owner here

Professor Y Cars

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GTP + Model X Plaid
Referral Code
GXUH2TDC
Just picked up my GT-P about a 1.5 weeks ago! Not my first EV :)

Made a video to start documenting my first Lucid ownership experience:

Congratulations on such a rare find! It was obviously not available on the online configurator. Did it just show up as available to your SA? If so, that was what happened to me last December. My first intent was the Touring, but I upgraded since they stumbled upon a new, non-demonstrator ZR GT-P for me.

Peter also mentioned to me at the preceding Lucids and Lattes meet that he normally drives a GT-P and that he only takes the Sapphire out to company events. Do you care to share or recall what he said were the unique design differences of the Performance variant?

Perhaps we'll see you around at the next Southern CA meet-up.

Congratulations on such a rare find! It was obviously not available on the online configurator. Did it just show up as available to your SA? If so, that was what happened to me last December. My first intent was the Touring, but I upgraded since they stumbled upon a new, non-demonstrator ZR GT-P for me.

Peter also mentioned to me at the preceding Lucids and Lattes meet that he normally drives a GT-P and that he only takes the Sapphire out to company events. Do you care to share or recall what he said were the unique design differences of the Performance variant?

Perhaps we'll see you around at the next Southern CA meet-up.
You can easiest think of a GT-P as very similar to a DE. They're slightly slower (1050HP vs. 1111HP) and have a different set of wheels (the 21" DE wheels were exclusive to the DE) but are otherwise very similar. The GT-P also cost $10k more than the DE. Here's the comparison chart from the announcement:

1724197535387.webp

You can easiest think of a GT-P as very similar to a DE. They're slightly slower (1050HP vs. 1111HP) and have a different set of wheels (the 21" DE wheels were exclusive to the DE) but are otherwise very similar. The GT-P also cost $10k more than the DE. Here's the comparison chart from the announcement:

View attachment 22834
The OPs YouTube video touched on suspension tweaks and other bits so I was curious. I also wouldn’t be surprised if both the GT-P and the DE both exceeded 1,111 Hp. Anybody have access to a Dyno? ;)

I just learned now that the GT-P stickered for more than the DE.

I just learned now that the GT-P stickered for more than the DE.
Yeah, we surmised that they did this so as not to piss off the DE owners, since otherwise the two vehicles were very very similar, and it came out pretty quickly after the exclusive DEs were sold out.

Hi! Suspension-wise, Peter mentioned the GT-P has different spring rates, damper valving, and different diameter anti-roll bar. He also mentioned the turn radius was even improved in the GT-P which was really surprising to me that they even pursued that. Which of course, I shouldn't have been surprised because Lucid's engineering is always working on evolving things and obviously one of the reasons many of us really appreciate about Lucid Motors. He did mention the drive units and battery pack was different from the GT (which of course was already public). Had a body language doctor been present, they may have surmised that they're shared with DE :)

Actually one of the most entertaining moment of the Torrance owners event was when Peter (referring to the quoted power level of the Sapphire) said legally you can claim any horsepower number, as long as the actual units produce even more! I know others have run the math and felt that the Sapphire must be in the ~1500 hp range to be pulling off.

Yeah, who has access to a Dyno? We should arrange tests at a future event and also look put them on lifts and looking closely at the springs, shocks, and stabilizers bars to compare between the different trims!

Yeah, we surmised that they did this so as not to piss off the DE owners, since otherwise the two vehicles were very very similar, and it came out pretty quickly after the exclusive DEs were sold out.
Yes … I’m sure that’s why GT-P production ended so fast… to keep the DE’s “special”. Plus Sapphire was right around the corner. But I can’t say for sure it was the strategy to take because even though the DE’s are serial numbered, the GT-P ended up being even more rare than the DE. I guess only time will tell.

I saw a GTP for sale NEW in Short Hills in July (Cosmo Silver). They were knocking $40K off the price as a demo.

BUT they wouldn't lease it, so it was a non-starter for me.

Back