New (again) Lucid Pure owner in San Antonio

davidkoger

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Just finalized a new lease on a 24 Air Pure infinite black with stealth. This is to replace my 23 air pure in fathom blue that unfortunately was totaled by a careless driver back in April.

Hoping for delivery by June 14th. Can’t wait to get back in a Lucid after two months without.

IMG_4331.jpeg

Damn, that damage was enough to total the car? What else was wrong with it?

Congrats from another SA guy! Yeah I thought the same - that totaled it? But I guess if it was mine I’d rather have it totaled and just start over.

That picture hurts. Hope your new delivery and insurance process goes smoothly.

There is a lot going on in front of and around the frunk. Sensors, wiring harness, etc. in addition to the framing. Mess that up and you'll likely be replacing thousands of dollars worth of electronics and taking hours of an expensive Lucid tech's time, before you even get to the body repairs/replacements. It's unfortunate, but a lot of that expensive stuff has to be right on the front.

That picture hurts. Hope your new delivery and insurance process goes smoothly.

There is a lot going on in front of and around the frunk. Sensors, wiring harness, etc. in addition to the framing. Mess that up and you'll likely be replacing thousands of dollars worth of electronics and taking hours of an expensive Lucid tech's time, before you even get to the body repairs/replacements. It's unfortunate, but a lot of that expensive stuff has to be right on the front.
Minimum repair for that is at least 30k.

Damn, that damage was enough to total the car? What else was wrong with it?
Yeah the subframe got bent by the collision, and drivers side airbags deployed. The other driver tried to make an illegal left turn across two lines and I t-boned them. Total repair cost was a smidge under 50k

Ahhh I see. Mine is in the body shop right now (a speeding motorcylclist hit a car behind me and then the bike hit the back of my Lucid..) so I'm patiently waiting for repairs... glad you are OK!

. . . in addition to the framing. Mess that up and you'll likely be replacing thousands of dollars worth of electronics and taking hours of an expensive Lucid tech's time, before you even get to the body repairs/replacements. It's unfortunate, but a lot of that expensive stuff has to be right on the front.

There's a structural component Lucid calls the "horseshoe" that runs laterally under the front drive unit. If it gets deformed beyond its tight tolerance, the car becomes unrepairable. The visible exterior damage to our car was no more than what I see on the @davidkoger car, and ours was declared a total loss, too.

Just finalized a new lease on a 24 Air Pure infinite black with stealth. This is to replace my 23 air pure in fathom blue . . .
How do you find the driving experience differs between the AWD and RWD Pures?

How do you find the driving experience differs between the AWD and RWD Pures?
Ooh this is a good question I hadn’t really seen much. Honestly I can feel the slight change in acceleration off the line but on the highway it is negligible. I will say it is slightly quieter driving. One thing I have noticed is the tail tends to slide more frequently but not anything dramatic.

Back