Nearly 5 second lag on microphone input for phone calls?!

socktucker

Active Member

Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
3,823
Reaction score
3,424
Location
Silicone Grease It
Cars
Lucid Air
Anyone else have bad audio lag with phone calls via CarPlay? It makes it actually useless, I had a nearly 5 second lag on calls that makes it basically impossible to have a conversation. Is this a known issue?
 
Yes, I've experienced similar issues with CarPlay as well. The audio lag during calls can be frustrating. You could try resetting both your iPhone and CarPlay connection, or ensure that both the iOS and CarPlay software are up-to-date. Sometimes, disconnecting and reconnecting the device can help too.
 
I've noticed when playing YouTube videos while parked, that there is a significant delay between the audio (over wireless CarPlay) and the video on the iPhone.

When removing the phone from the Bluetooth connection, and instead connecting using a USB cable, this starts wired CarPlay. There still is a slight delay, but it's small enough that you can look at people talking and link the two in your mind.
 
Back
Top