NAH Saudis are dissing on us.

2uandme

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
DE Number
To be honest, using a Lucid Air as a police officer is just reminding us how poor we are.
images (1).jpg

Well, their government owns the majority of the company.

You think their CarPlay works better?

Back when I was living in Germany, a lot of the police cars on the Autobahns were Porsches. Took one to catch one.

Same in Saudi Arabia with all the Ferraris, Lambos, and other such exotica on the loose.

To give some context about police cars in Saudi, most of the police cars here are American made (Dodge and Ford mostly) and some are Toyota. The Lucid you see in the picture is not going to be your typical police car. It probably has it uses in specific scenarios but it won't be used on the street often. Same thing for Lambos in the UAE (Dubai).

To give some context about police cars in Saudi, most of the police cars here are American made (Dodge and Ford mostly) and some are Toyota. The Lucid you see in the picture is not going to be your typical police car. It probably has it uses in specific scenarios but it won't be used on the street often. Same thing for Lambos in the UAE (Dubai).
Perhaps there is a plan to change this? KSA committed to buy 50k Lucids over 10 years (with an option for 50k more) so they have got to have some use in mind for all these cars.

"To be honest, I think Lamborghini is just a waste of money. If you're talking about the cars that Lucid bought, most of them are touring or grand touring. My friend in Saudi Arabia told me they got some Sapphire, which is better than a Lamborghini. I wish I had bought a Sapphire, but my kids have to drive the car, and if they crash it, my insurance will be a real headache."

Perhaps there is a plan to change this? KSA committed to buy 50k Lucids over 10 years (with an option for 50k more) so they have got to have some use in mind for all these cars.
Most of those will be provided for the use of government agencies instead of buying Mercedes and BMWs. They've already started providing heads of agencies and their VPs with Lucid cars. Also government employees above a specific grade. I'm sure there will be more police cars but I doubt they'll replace the cheaper options it's just not viable.

I’m in Europe right now, and fancy/fast cars are indeed very common as police cars (BMWs, Alfas, etc). There is so much variety in the cars used unlike the US that unmarked cars are VERY hard to see (in the us, you can see the slight differences in police cars… the explorer for example has a rectangular cutout in the grille). I think the US may be an outlier in this regard, rather than the norm?

I’m in Europe right now, and fancy/fast cars are indeed very common as police cars (BMWs, Alfas, etc). There is so much variety in the cars used unlike the US that unmarked cars are VERY hard to see (in the us, you can see the slight differences in police cars… the explorer for example has a rectangular cutout in the grille). I think the US may be an outlier in this regard, rather than the norm?
There was a period of time when the CHP used a variety of sports cars—Camero's come to mind—in N. California to track down guys driving their exotics on 280. I'm not seeing that as much, but then I've not been commuting on 280 much the past 4-5 years.

Lucid's would be better!

Back