My 1 year review

no gas

Supporting Member
Absolutely loving this car. The way it handles and drives is absolutely phenomenal for this mass and being a 5 seater - and they achieved this without air suspension.

1. Amazing to drive, handles like a BMW M5
2. Looks futuristic. For those who feel the car is too low and hits their head- do you want range or height? They need this to be low for aerodynamics.
3. Doesn’t have Android auto- but I don’t care since I use Apple Car play
4. There have been trim issues, but these have been promptly addressed by Lucid service- they do a fantastic job
5. Key fob is still a pain…wish we could update to the Gravity key fob
6. Trunk makes a squeaky noise when opening , couldn’t figure out how to address this
7. No FSD…..but it’s a drivers car….i don’t trust FSD and will never use it until true Robotaxi are here….until then, it’s a gimmick
8. I like the fact that interior software and screens are very simple, not gaudy, just gives you the info you need. Simplicity at its best. I find EQS interior too much!
9. Lucid navigation and infotainment works as it is supposed to, not the most amazing, but I use Apple CarPlay so don’t care. I hated that my Tesla didn’t have Apple CarPlay.

Even after a year, I’m excited to get in and drive….great job Lucid!

Absolutely loving this car. The way it handles and drives is absolutely phenomenal for this mass and being a 5 seater - and they achieved this without air suspension.

1. Amazing to drive, handles like a BMW M5
2. Looks futuristic. For those who feel the car is too low and hits their head- do you want range or height? They need this to be low for aerodynamics.
3. Doesn’t have Android auto- but I don’t care since I use Apple Car play
4. There have been trim issues, but these have been promptly addressed by Lucid service- they do a fantastic job
5. Key fob is still a pain…wish we could update to the Gravity key fob
6. Trunk makes a squeaky noise when opening , couldn’t figure out how to address this
7. No FSD…..but it’s a drivers car….i don’t trust FSD and will never use it until true Robotaxi are here….until then, it’s a gimmick
8. I like the fact that interior software and screens are very simple, not gaudy, just gives you the info you need. Simplicity at its best. I find EQS interior too much!
9. Lucid navigation and infotainment works as it is supposed to, not the most amazing, but I use Apple CarPlay so don’t care. I hated that my Tesla didn’t have Apple CarPlay.

Even after a year, I’m excited to get in and drive….great job Lucid!
Good points. Tesla and Rivian are completely off of my shopping list because of the absence of CarPlay. It’s a nonnegotiable feature to me. Similarly, if Gravity does not support and embrace multi screen CarPlay, and even CarPlay 2.0 which I assume will be available at the time, it will be off my list as well.

I also just completed one year. I’ll split mine into pluses and minuses for the AT:

Plus
1. The best car to drive: handling, suspension, comfort all rank at the top.
2. The 360 view in DD Premum/Pro is great and is useful on a daily basis.
3. Highway assist in DD, DDPremium is better than using autopilot in the Tesla, IMHO, despite the lack of lane centering. It slows down very gracefully when it has to. Because of how well the car handles, I can go straight-ish for a long time without any stress, whereas my AP 2.0 Model X is now behaving unexpectedly and sometimes dangerously, like having the set speed go from 70 to 40 on I-5 without warning.
3. The car looks great and still attracts comments.
4. The back seat is comfortable and the view with the glass canopy is superb. I think I’ll start driving from the back seat.
5. The front door swings wide, compensating for the low entry point.
6. Trunk/frunk storage space are excellent.
7. Lucid service has always been good and customer care responsive. YMMV.
8. When we’re in town, we only have to charge up every two weeks!

Minuses
9. My efficiency (my wife’s and my own) was 3.8 for most of the first year. For some reason, it is now dropping to 3.3 despite limited use of air, no use of heat, and moderate SoCal temperatures. Maybe this will become a service item, so you can discount this until it’s confirmed.
10. Miles remaining should reflect lifetime efficiency rather than EPA rating. Oh, and that EPA rating… I think I saw somewhere that they are changing the test cycle that the EPA will use to be more accurate.
11. Still bugs me that Lucid does not include basic lane centering in the basic package. Oh, well.
12. Android Auto. The Nav is good enough that I’m not sweating it, but, still, it would be nice.
13. Letdown on promised V2H capabilities.

Doh! I meant Adaptive Cruise on point #3, not Highway Assist.

I had a squeaky trunk too. They said it needed realignment and fixed it in 30 mins. Maybe ask them to check it out if you haven't.

Back