More speculation on the return of the RX-7

scal_air

Referral code - ZQOO2D7O
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Referral Code
ZQOO2D7O
Interesting article based on recent Mazda patents. Seems wildly speculative to me but fun to imagine, nonetheless 😁

Interesting article based on recent Mazda patents. Seems wildly speculative to me but fun to imagine, nonetheless 😁

So... its not happening? 🤣

(I wish it did, but its "been coming" for 10 years...)

Mazda has always made cool stuff. I hope that at least some of this comes to market.

Wankel engines are quite compact for their power output, but have inherently poor efficiency and emissions due to their thin crescent-shaped combustion chamber. A spherical combustion chamber is optimal.

Mazda has always been one of my favorite car companies; I'm really excited for what they're doing, especially because it's so different from what others are doing.

And hey, Derek Jenkins did come from there… :)

Need volume volume volume, not fun fun fun

Need volume volume volume, not fun fun fun
Sometimes you gotta take the loss in order to have a flagship sports car. I mean Mazda produced the Rx7 from '79 to '95 for a total of 800,000 units? Compare to the 600,000 Camrys produced in 2023, manufacturing the RX7 was a labor of love rather than a money-maker.

Maybe Derek can convince Lucid to produce the EV RX-7 😆
Well, we still don't know what the third mid-sized vehicle is right?

I'm more betting on an off-road capable vehicle (so slightly larger, not as tall compared to R3X, maybe comparable to Subaru WRX) but it could be a sport coupe... we just know it's not a wagon

Back