Mobile charger installation

ShyamUS

Cars
LUCID Air Touring Fathom
2 questions.

1. The small cord that has plug on one side and connects to the Charger control on other side is short and very thick. So it’s difficult to fix the control unit to the wall with mount, unless I add wooden panels to the wall to bring it level with the plug. Therefore the question. Can I leave the control unit hanging off the plug itself instead of mounting it.

2. The Lucid light keeps glowing if the plug is connected. I typically charge one or maybe twice a week, so is it ok to pull the plug out of the wall after each charge or should it be left connected.

Thanks

There is no issue if you do not mount the controller and leave it inline with cord.

Unplugging after each use is a bad idea because it will loosen the contact between the plug and receptacle over time and create a possible overheating hazard. It is much better to just leave it plugged in.

Thank you very much for the response. So it’s ok if the LUCID logo on the Charger keeps glowing all the time when it’s not charging.

Thank you very much for the response. So it’s ok if the LUCID logo on the Charger keeps glowing all the time when it’s not charging.
Yes. It's just a little bit of power, better by far to keep it plugged in.

Yes, the white glow signifies that it has power and ready to charge. I believe it glows green when charging. I've left mine plugged in for about a year now.

Back