Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
MX1KDTYY
IMG_3624.webp
IMG_3624.webp

Good start, but I do wish they would make fully featured updates instead of just touching the surface and shipping it. You still can't see any details about what was addressed in the service or see your invoices, you can't schedule an appointment either.

Good start, but I do wish they would make fully featured updates instead of just touching the surface and shipping it. You still can't see any details about what was addressed in the service or see your invoices, you can't schedule an appointment either.
Baby steps.

Baby steps.
I know our mods don't like us to make comparisons, but I will because that's what's relevant to me in this case.

From my experience with Rivian and Tesla, when they released service support from the app, it had every feature ready to go. You could take pictures and upload from the app, schedule times, mobile vs in person. When RIvian bought ABRP, 3 weeks later, it was fully integrated in the car and the app, and you could specify tons of different configurations in either place.

This is not some revolutionary feature that no one has thought of before

Baby steps is ok...but the industry is moving much much faster than Lucid, and Lucid is falling further and further behind each month while they are focused on changing the direction for canceling the turn signal stalk...

I really would like to see the feature wishlist from 2022 and 2023 and see if it's grown longer or shorter lol

I know our mods don't like us to make comparisons, but I will because that's what's relevant to me in this case.

From my experience with Rivian and Tesla, when they released service support from the app, it had every feature ready to go. You could take pictures and upload from the app, schedule times, mobile vs in person. When RIvian bought ABRP, 3 weeks later, it was fully integrated in the car and the app, and you could specify tons of different configurations in either place.

Baby steps is ok...but the industry is moving much much faster than Lucid, and Lucid is falling further and further behind each month while they are focused on changing the direction for canceling the turn signal stalk...

I really would like to see the feature wishlist from 2022 and 2023 and see if it's grown longer or shorter lol
The results of last year‘s wishlist survey are on the lucidupates.com website.

I don't disagree that Rivian is firing on all cylinders, from what I can tell from the outside. I believe they have a much larger team than Lucid does, which doesn't always necessarily translate into a better product, but in their case, whatever they are doing seems to be working for them.

Lucid is still paying off technical debt. Hopefully that all ends with the launch of Gravity late this year.

We're all hoping Lucid's pace of software development improves, for sure. For the past year, what has shipped has been closer to Volvo and Polestar's OTA pace than Tesla or Rivian's.

Last edited:
This update seems to have killed my mobile key. The car no longer recognizes it when I am near or in my car. Anyone else?

This update seems to have killed my mobile key. The car no longer recognizes it when I am near or in my car. Anyone else?
Mine seems to be working fine after the update. Weird. Maybe delete it from the car and reinstall entirely?

Booby, I fixed it. While just resetting on the car did not work, deleting the app on the phone and doing the install all over again resolved the issue. Thanks for the inspiration!

This is what worries me the most. The lack of features of the mobile app and car OS wouldn't bother me too much on the surface...if we were getting updates quickly or if the updates were big. They have been a little slower than I was hoping for with very limited additions. That worries me more than anything. Once they figure it out (if they do) then they will have the best EV and car on the roads.

Regardless this is nice. Unfortunately, if you have any appointments in flight it doesn't seem to show up currently. My old appointment does not either.

Just got 1.45 iOS update. My mobile service appointment is not listed. Also the monthly total kWh is not completely shown. Font too big..

As an R1S owner, I am blown away by how much more Rivian provides with their updates. From release time and features to communication, Rivian has made it obvious that Lucid has a loooong way to go. Hope they can get on Rivian's software level because they've nailed the hardware side of things.

Last edited:
Back