Minor Delivery Concerns

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I picked up my Lucid Air Turing from the Chicago depot on Friday. I drove it 150 miles home and already love the car. But Lucid has to clean up its act. My delivery advisor could not answer several of the basic questions I asked (such as how to pair my garage door opener, the transmitter of which I brought, to Homelink in the car. The company installing the PPF/ceramic asked me to bring some touch-up paint back in case the car received any dings on the way home. Lucid claims not to offer touch-up paint, yet when I pointed out a small edge of door ding in the paint, the technician came over and touched it up with, ta da, touch-up paint. But he wouldn't sell me any. Some noble member of this forum submitted a delivery checklist last fall and I was trying to follow it. Yet, when I asked for the wheel alignment chart, I was told it was unavailable to the purchaser.

However, the most egregious problem came when I drove off with the car. The TPS (tire warning) light was illuminated. I assumed it was a software gremlin or perhaps one of the tires was slightly low. When I arrived home, I discovered the left rear tire was 21 pounds low. That is, the recommended fill is 49 psi and it was 28 psi. That truly is incompetence on Lucid's part and just plain dangerous. However, the car rides so well I didn't notice it. Then again, I don't know how the car is supposed to ride, since this was my first journey. I am hoping the low pressure is a one-time issue and not the sign of a defective tire. I filled it a couple of days ago and it seems to be holding air. Sorry, Lucid, this is a $100K+ car. You don't send it out without double-checking tire pressures. The windshield also was smeary and dirty.

I haven't had much chance to drive the car other than the trip home, since it's going in for PPF/ceramic tomorrow and I need to keep it clean and unblemished. However, from the first 150 miles I love this car. It came with the free trial of DreamDrive Pro, but frankly I don't think it offered much. I'm just as happy to steer it myself.

Also, be sure when you go to pickup your Lucid to have your username and password for your on-line Lucid account. I embedded my password in my PC and then forgot it. It took almost 30 minutes for a password reset to reach my phone before we could set up the car.

such as how to pair my garage door opener, the transmitter of which I brought, to Homelink in the car.
You don’t want to do this at delivery; it geofences to where you set it up, and it requires you to be near your garage to test it and confirm it anyway.
The company installing the PPF/ceramic asked me to bring some touch-up paint back in case the car received any dings on the way home. Lucid claims not to offer touch-up paint
Which color? At the very least, for Zenith Red, they don’t offer it because the tinted clear coat dries out extremely quickly. I managed to get a bit of the red without the tinted clear coat because I had a very early car, but was warned that it would be without the tinted clear coat and thus brighter than the rest of the paint.

For black, silver, and red you can use: https://drcolorchip.com/. The 2022 models have black (and gold) listed, and 2023 has silver and the zenith red.

You don’t want to do this at delivery; it geofences to where you set it up, and it requires you to be near your garage to test it and confirm it anyway.

Which color? At the very least, for Zenith Red, they don’t offer it because the tinted clear coat dries out extremely quickly. I managed to get a bit of the red without the tinted clear coat because I had a very early car, but was warned that it would be without the tinted clear coat and thus brighter than the rest of the paint.

For black, silver, and red you can use: https://drcolorchip.com/. The 2022 models have black (and gold) listed, and 2023 has silver and the zenith red.
What does it use the geofencing for?

When you approach the garage/gate, it brings up the homelink menu so you can open the garage/gate.
Thanks! Not as good as tesla, but better than my familys 2014 kia sorento. Speaking of which borski, I have an odd question. How is the ride of the lucid compared to your old sorento?

When you approach the garage/gate, it brings up the homelink menu so you can open the garage/gate.
Thanks! I was wondering how it knew when to bring up the menu. I have another code for the gate to my neighborhood. If I program the gate opener at the gate, will the menu pop up when I'm at the gate?

Thanks! I was wondering how it knew when to bring up the menu. I have another code for the gate to my neighborhood. If I program the gate opener at the gate, will the menu pop up when I'm at the gate?
Yes, it remembers the location that it was programmed at.

Thanks! Not as good as tesla, but better than my familys 2014 kia sorento. Speaking of which borski, I have an odd question. How is the ride of the lucid compared to your old sorento?
Actually, the Homelink setup process is pretty much identical to that of the Tesla, but you don’t have the option to ‘auto-open’ or ‘auto-close’ on the Lucid - you have to manually initiate the door on arrival/departure. That said, my Model S Homelink would have issues on closing where it would start closing the garage door and then for some reason the door would stop half way, so I’d always have to watch my rear view mirror to make sure the door closed completely before exiting the driveway. My Lucid never had this problem.

Problem with Tesla geofence is it opens or closes the garage door. If garage door already open and you start driving in, geofence shuts the garage door while you are driving in and could damage the car. That’s why I hate how Tesla did it. Your customer can’t lift his finger to a touchscreen ??

Back