Michigan Lucid Owners Rally - Updates

kaz3320

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Hey everyone! I was at the Lucid owner's rally in Michigan today and was able to speak to some wonderful people at Lucid as well as members on here like Ry4an & Ashir!

Some things I was able to ask & get answers about:

Dream Drive without steering wheel nag - arriving before end of this year.
Android Auto - before end of this year.
Android Phone App rebuild - (memory hazy but I think it was) early 2025

Dashcam for Lucid Air with remote viewing - Yes. Coming soon
Sentry mode for Lucid Air - Possibly not. Has to do with how the car was designed and its sleep/wake system.

Gravity will use different tech for remote (key) connection to car through the phone. The vehicle is supposed to actually be able to tell where exactly you are relative to the car vs bluetooth's signal strength for distance estimation.

Lucid is actively working with the suppliers of the current Air fobs to try to improve them.

If anyone else was at the event and has more info or more accurate details, please feel free to chime in!

Attachments

• IMG_0355.webp
    IMG_0355.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,090
  • IMG_0357.webp
    IMG_0357.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0349.webp
    IMG_0349.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,104
  • IMG_0350.webp
    IMG_0350.webp
    3 MB · Views: 3,750
  • IMG_0352.webp
    IMG_0352.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 7,657
  • IMG_0351.webp
    IMG_0351.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,217
  • IMG_0353.webp
    IMG_0353.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,993
Something I forgot to mention:
They are working on adding a video streaming app & another music streaming app.
They are also working to improve the sound quality in the vehicle. Potentially better bass.
Chip retrofit: Possibly in the future. It is definitely possible and requires just swapping out the hardware & re-calibrating the car from what I was told.

Gravity will use different tech for remote (key) connection to car through the phone. The vehicle is supposed to actually be able to tell where exactly you are relative to the car vs bluetooth's signal strength for distance estimation.
That should be UWB. Cool!

My wife and I attended the rally. It was well planned and well implemented. We enjoyed it; especially seeing the Gravity and meeting Lucid personnel.

Thanks for the pics! I really wanted to attend from Cleveland but it unfortunately didn't fit in my schedule.

Back