Messages on iPhone

Briboynyc

Cars
Air Touring
Has anyone gotten the messages on the air to "mirror" the messages on the iphone. Sometimes I can send a message. Sometimes I get an error saying something like please setup sms in the app. what app? Alexa? Car?

Sometimes I can play an incoming message (it appears on the right side of the screen) but sometimes I hit play and it does nothing. Sometimes I see messages on the pilot screen and I hit the play button and it does nothing. I can see messages (some) in my Alexa app, but those aren't in the message screen on the pilot screen.

I can invoke Siri to send a message but through Alexa its hit or miss (mostly miss) for sending a message.

At this point, you can say “hey Siri” to compose a message. I think the phone is what hears you say it and then it takes over the audio to do it.

It's completely hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get in and see message notifications pop up on the screen and more times than not I get in, drive and no message alerts come up. I just put it in the "half baked" section and don't bother with it.

It's completely hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get in and see message notifications pop up on the screen and more times than not I get in, drive and no message alerts come up. I just put it in the "half baked" section and don't bother with it.
I agree. Very much looking forward to CarPlay.

Yet another of a long list of items that CarPlay will solve.

I see new messages as they come in, and I can play them. I haven't even tried replying yet. I don't see any previously read messages. I think that's by design.

Yet another of a long list of items that CarPlay will solve.

I see new messages as they come in, and I can play them. I haven't even tried replying yet. I don't see any previously read messages. I think that's by design.
Yeah, it's never brought in the message history, only new messages as they come through while driving. Doesn't handle multiple texts in a row from the same person well either. I found the response options limiting so seems it's more just tailored to use alexa to send a message to someone.

Agreed carplay will help. But what about the android folks. Even if alexa and the air can't sync with your messages on your mobile device it would be nice to have a consistent user experience

Agreed carplay will help. But what about the android folks. Even if alexa and the air can't sync with your messages on your mobile device it would be nice to have a consistent user experience
Probably the best alternative for those poor souls is to visit their local Apple Store and cure themselves of what ails them.

Or they can use Android Auto which i suspect may also be released by Lucid, although that is only a hunch.

Yes. Sorry, I was generalizing to CarPlay because this person mentioned Messages, which I assumed to be the app called Messages on the iPhone.

Android Auto presumably does the same sort of sync for all your messages. So once Lucid releases that, it'll be much the same for Android users.

Back