Memory seats ...

These cars are really just software. Why would you have to go through all these gymnastics to get the settings to a different profile. My car never changes settings until I am in the car and press the brake pedal. Then I wait. Makes no sense. The Easy Exit/Entry would be a great first step. I am surprised Lucid hasn't cherry picked popular features from other cars and included them. Easy Exit/Entry should be an easy one and make lots of people happy whether switching profiles or not.

These cars are really just software. Why would you have to go through all these gymnastics to get the settings to a different profile. My car never changes settings until I am in the car and press the brake pedal. Then I wait. Makes no sense. The Easy Exit/Entry would be a great first step. I am surprised Lucid hasn't cherry picked popular features from other cars and included them. Easy Exit/Entry should be an easy one and make lots of people happy whether switching profiles or not.
The thing to remember is that software was way behind schedule when they released the first Dream Edition cars just over a year ago. They have been playing catch up ever since. Including a page-one rewrite that became the 2.0 release.

So it's not that they don't know they can cherrypick these features. They have a giant backlog of future feature updates that just hasn't been completed yet.

The thing to remember is that software was way behind schedule when they released the first Dream Edition cars just over a year ago. They have been playing catch up ever since. Including a page-one rewrite that became the 2.0 release.

So it's not that they don't know they can cherrypick these features. They have a giant backlog of future feature updates that just hasn't been completed yet.
I understand BUT these are very expensive cars and therefore are more often acquired (or considered for acquisition) by persons of some wealth which often translates to older persons. Older persons often have trouble getting in and out of performance sedans and coupes because of how low the seats are. Easy entry/easy exist IMHO (which is unfortunately often wrong) is a relatively easy way to assuage these concerns.

If I were prioritizing I would put driving first (of course) but making the car work well for its intended purpose would be next.

This is a spectacular sedan. But the problem is that the world is rapidly moving away from sedans. In a sense, Rivian was smarter by leading with the truck/SUV.

I understand BUT these are very expensive cars and therefore are more often acquired (or considered for acquisition) by persons of some wealth which often translates to older persons. Older persons often have trouble getting in and out of performance sedans and coupes because of how low the seats are. Easy entry/easy exist IMHO (which is unfortunately often wrong) is a relatively easy way to assuage these concerns.

If I were prioritizing I would put driving first (of course) but making the car work well for its intended purpose would be next.

This is a spectacular sedan. But the problem is that the world is rapidly moving away from sedans. In a sense, Rivian was smarter by leading with the truck/SUV.
Of course you’d prioritize those things; they matter to you! They make no iota of a difference to me, and therein lies the rub: Lucid ends up prioritizing what they think affects most people, and that isn’t always the thing either you or I care about most.

I give ~zero fucks about CarPlay. But boy am I glad it’s out lol

Of course you’d prioritize those things; they matter to you! They make no iota of a difference to me, and therein lies the rub: Lucid ends up prioritizing what they think affects most people, and that isn’t always the thing either you or I care about most.

Hopefully, its judgment is right on.

I too give #zero fucks about carplay.
To me (and a lots of drivers I bet) most important is to have a capability, to use cameras/record feature while driving.

I too give #zero fucks about carplay.
To me (and a lots of drivers I bet) most important is to have a capability, to use cameras/record feature while driving.
This string shows the difficulty in being a car manufacturer. Different strokes for different folks and somehow a car manufacturer has to maneuver through this minefield to figure out what to produce when different buyers have different desires.

yes

I spoke with a rep during my walkthrough today and asked about this issue. I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'6". She got done driving and then I hopped in. Somehow squeezed into the seat and pushed my profile on the glass cockpit, but nothing started moving. The rep said the easy exit seat movement is one of the most asked for things and that they are working on it. He said in the mean time what I should do is use my key fob to lock and unlock the car, open the door and close it. Once the door closes is when the seat starts moving, so opening/closing/opening should do it. Not elegant but hopefully that could help some of you in the meantime.

Back