Maximum safe cabin temperature?

johnjbarton

Now that I am finally defrosting from Winter, my wife worries that Summer will bake her Lucid GT electronics.

She's already applied window tints and window screen. But Sun in the driver's window gets the interior up to 105 on 85 degree day.

Should we take more drastic action? A cover seems like a real nuisance.

I've read the Tesla's have automatic cabin overheat protection, but not Lucid?

Thanks for any info.

My interior was well above 130 last summer on numerous occasions with no issues. Just need to precool before getting in. I do wish for a cabin overheat protection that we could turn on in the summer.

I hope over 100 is not a problem. It was over 100 outside today - starting to finally warm up in the Coachella Valley - and my AT lives out in the sun in the uncovered parking lot at work most of the day. I will be doing warm weather testing on the car from here until it gets below 90 sometime in October probably. I’ll let you know how it goes. The good thing is we don’t have to be concerned about getting winter tires here 🙂.

I hope over 100 is not a problem. It was over 100 outside today - starting to finally warm up in the Coachella Valley - and my AT lives out in the sun in the uncovered parking lot at work most of the day. I will be doing warm weather testing on the car from here until it gets below 90 sometime in October probably. I’ll let you know how it goes. The good thing is we don’t have to be concerned about getting winter tires here 🙂.
The AZ owners would like a word...

Since my car is still only a few months old, I intentionally let it bake in the sun on warmer days to accelerate off-gassing and get rid of the new car smell. No issues - cars are designed to tolerate such temperatures.

Just came back from a week in the Canyonlands (AZ, UT, NV). Now I get the cracked windshield thing. Rocks literally in the air; rocks everywhere. I can't imagine what's involved in replacing the "windshield" on a GT. Rode a tour bus from canyon to canyon = tour bus had an enormous crack up and down the front windshield.
Weather was perfect first week of May. Snow on the ground at Bryce ... definitely going back for another visit. Absolutely stunning beauty. sacred indeed.
PXL_20230507_154238146.jpg

spring melt put a dead-end to our Narrows hike. (Zion)
PXL_20230507_162354664.jpg

(center) nesting pair of California condors / hikers heading to Angels Landing (Zion)
PXL_20230506_163127668.jpg

hoodoos at Bryce
PXL_20230503_004045037.jpg

South rim Grand Canyon
PXL_20230502_143612818.jpg

chillin' by the pool at 4 Seasons, Scottsdale AZ

Great pictures. Bryce is my favorite. I always took visitors there when I lived in Utah. I feel a road-trip plan coming on.

Now that I am finally defrosting from Winter, my wife worries that Summer will bake her Lucid GT electronics.

She's already applied window tints and window screen. But Sun in the driver's window gets the interior up to 105 on 85 degree day.

Should we take more drastic action? A cover seems like a real nuisance.

I've read the Tesla's have automatic cabin overheat protection, but not Lucid?

Thanks for any info.
Thought I would update now we have had some summer. I don’t have any tint and my AT gets parked in the sun every day poor thing. With the external air temp over 110 most days for a while now the cabin gets hot. Sometimes I remember to pre-cool before I get in but I often forget. I have found:
- the AC works reasonably quickly and I don’t need tint.
- the cabin electronics don’t overheat.
- my iPhone does overheat. My ancient E320 has a cooled storage compartment under the central arm rest. It would be a great to have one in the AT.

I routinely have cabin temps over 130 while parked in the sun. No issue. Cars are designed for this.

Back