Massachusetts Lucid insurance

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
FYI... for our situation, I priced out Progressive, Geico, and Mapfre/Commerce for Massachusetts for a Lucid. They're all coming out to about $1200 to $1400 a year but of course YMMV.

I got Esurance in Rhode Island. $1200/6 months for the Lucid and my wife’s Subaru combined. I tried everyone and that was the cheapest from insurers not of ill-repute.

Good to know. I have not asked for quotes for my ordered AGT, but will try Amica as well as USAA. Arbella is great, but only covers cars registered in MA as far as I know. Had them for years before recently moving and they handled my one claim beautifully.

I'm working on getting insurance now, and am finding out that several insurers don't want to cover my car because of the MSRP exceeding thresholds. Travelers has a limit for sure. I was told by my insurance agent that Commerce, Progressive, and Safety had all indicated they do want want to cover the car.

I'm working on checking MAPFRE right now via AAA, and I see that Geico was mentioned originally. Has anyone else in MA had success with any other insurers? Does anyone have an agent they can recommend?

Have you tried State Farm? I've been with them for years and got this quote for my AGT:

6 MONTH PREMIUM $581.23

Granted, for the time being it's our 3rd car, so that probably reduced the costs somewhat, but still....

I have $1360.76 for a year from USAA in NH.

I'm working on getting insurance now, and am finding out that several insurers don't want to cover my car because of the MSRP exceeding thresholds. Travelers has a limit for sure. I was told by my insurance agent that Commerce, Progressive, and Safety had all indicated they do want want to cover the car.

I'm working on checking MAPFRE right now via AAA, and I see that Geico was mentioned originally. Has anyone else in MA had success with any other insurers? Does anyone have an agent they can recommend?
I’m in Rhode Island and AAA won’t even insure in the state cuz we’re so accident prone. GEICO rates were kind of high so I went with Esurance and it was reasonable. Maybe they’d do the same thing for Mass?

4 years ago I went with "PURE Insurance Company" when my Travelers had a limit on MSRP. PURE specializes in high limits for auto, house etc.

That's interesting as I have Travelers in NJ and got a ball park number from them a couple of months back.

That's interesting as I have Travelers in NJ and got a ball park number from them a couple of months back.
I ditched Travelers and went with PURE nearly 5 years ago, because they had a 150k limit and my Porsche was above that. Perhaps they raised their limit since that time.

I ditched Travelers and went with PURE nearly 5 years ago, because they had a 150k limit and my Porsche was above that. Perhaps they raised their limit since that time.
What is your premium for the Lucid and where are you? I also have PURE

Previously our insurance was with American Family Connect. When I asked them for a quote for the Lucid, they said that the value was too high for them to directly insure, but their in-house agency could place us with another carrier, and that carrier turned out to be Progressive. So Progressive will insure these in Mass.

Since I earn the money and my wife pays the bills, I will ask her when she comes home from playing Mahjong later this afternoon.

She is the Mahjong player, I am the duplicate bridge player.

Since I earn the money and my wife pays the bills, I will ask her when she comes home from playing Mahjong later this afternoon.

She is the Mahjong player, I am the duplicate bridge player.
Forgot to mention, I am in Portland Oregon

My present premium for the AGT is $2,312 per year. (Portland, Oregon).

This will be reduced this coming year, because PURE has a policy of lowering premiums for customers who have been with them for 5 years. It will be 5 years for me this October. so I expect my rate to be lowered.

They have a further reduction in rates for those who have been with them for 10 years.

Washington State, l found Progressive.Com to absolutely be the best and lowest priced carrier.
I have total package for F150, Subaru Ascent, Polaris RZR, GT, Homeowners & Umbrella.
I had several quotes including my local independent agent, but none came close to Progressive Online.
I actually saved $500 over one year WITH the GT versus previous year without the GT.

This thread is interesting...can owners please share what their insurance coverage is for these prices?

For comparison, my AGT is my 5th car, no additonal car discount, $1900 deductible which goes for windshield cracks as well, $5m 3rd party liability and cost me $3800/year. I'm in Vancouver, BC where our insurance is a gov't run monopoly, which may explain my costs

Three vehicles with Progressive, Ford 150 FX Custom Cab, Subaru Ascent and Lucid GT the yearly for all three is $2800.
All have same coverages with $1000 comprehensive deductible, glass $0 deductible.
Washington State.

Back