Malfunction of airflow vent outside ?

nfsdragster

I am not sure what this is called, air intake airflow vent ? Not sure. But this is not turning off at all. The flap keeps moving. I tried calling lucid and no one answered. Anyone have had this issue ? The car is off. Now charging. But I even turned off the charger and it doesn't stop.

Attachments

• VID-20231223-WA0000.mp4
    2.7 MB
I am not sure what this is called, air intake airflow vent ? Not sure. But this is not turning off at all. The flap keeps moving. I tried calling lucid and no one answered. Anyone have had this issue ? The car is off. Now charging. But I even turned off the charger and it doesn't stop.
You can’t post a video directly to the forum. You need to put it on YouTube or Vimeo and then link it here.

I see it now. I’m not sure if that is a malfunction, it will utilize the climate control system, including those flaps, to heat or cool the battery when charging.
So if I turn off the charger, it will stop it ?

Is it icy? almost looks that way in the picture. I think it is trying to close but cannot so it keeps trying. Let it warm up and try again.

Im currently in buffalo,ny. It is cold. It was parked outside last night. Now it's 38° F and has been raining though, And I parked it in the garage now. Turned off the charger and locked the car. Don't know how long it takes for it to reboot or something.

I'll wait fifteen minutes I guess. If not il plug it back into charge. I can't help it at this point. I'm worried if it'll get damaged by doing this for the next few days continuously.

Few updates:

1. After unplugging charger and checking it after few minutes. It had stopped.
2. When re plugged it in. It started again.
3. Lucid service team replied: That noise is coming from the active grill shutter. If the issue keeps happening we'll have to replace it.

I drove the car from work to home in 18F temp and once I parked in the garage and the car is locked (engine off?) I started noticing that sound and it continued for 15-20 mins before stopping. I was not charging at that time. I guess the vent is malfunctioning in frigid temps. Overall lots of rickety noises to open the doors, trunk etc in frigid temps. My one year service is scheduled soon and may be I should get it checked.

I have the same problem in cold and wet weather. I think something freezes inside the shutters preventing thwm from opening and closing. Worried about that little motor burning out

Back