Main Battery Size

Tycho_B

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring (Stealt
Simple Question What is the battery size of the Lucid Air Touring. For instance - How many 300 pack modules?

Not sure about modules, but battery capacity is 92 kWh. Some more might be reserved for energy saving, but we are not aware of that amount.

and 22 in the GT. So the Touring's voltage and battery capacity is 18/22 of the GT.

Thanks for the info, does anybody know how many modules the Air Pure uses?

•So, Here’s the question.
•What is the difference that allows the Touring (20” wheels) to have a range of 425 miles, and 620 hp and the Pure (19” wheels with AWD) to have a range of 410 miles and max power 480 hp?

Lucid only knows for sure but my guess is that software is putting more buffer in the Pure battery so less of the battery is usable.

So, the Air Touring is 92 kWh and the Air Pure is 88 kWh. The battery backs and number of cells are the same size, so the only difference must be energy density.

So, the Air Touring is 92 kWh and the Air Pure is 88 kWh. The battery backs and number of cells are the same size, so the only difference must be energy density.
Wait. The pure AWD has 92 I believe, the RWD has 88.

•So, Here’s the question.
•What is the difference that allows the Touring (20” wheels) to have a range of 425 miles, and 620 hp and the Pure (19” wheels with AWD) to have a range of 410 miles and max power 480 hp?
Interior options can add weight to the car. If you watched the tech talk about the motors, the systems to regulate more horsepower increase complexity and physical hardware requirements. This too could make all the difference.

The range is close enough to be margin of error at the end of the day. Could have been the weight of the driver for the tests for all we know.

The real question is how is a Pure with 19s rated at 410 miles vs 425 miles for a Touring on 19s, but both the Pure and Touring have the same rating on the 20s (384)? 🤔

The real question is how is a Pure with 19s rated at 410 miles vs 425 miles for a Touring on 19s, but both the Pure and Touring have the same rating on the 20s (384)? 🤔
My theory is that 384 is what would have been the tourings range on 20s. Therefore, it might be that when lucid tested the pure with software restrictions, it was below 370/360. Above 380 is a huge mental barrier, so maybe they decided to take out the limitation for the 20s pure?

Interesting idea. Then the Pures that ship with 20s would be superior to the ones that come with 19s. Or did they just quote a lower number on the Pure to make it less than the Touring, but really they are the same?

Interesting idea. Then the Pures that ship with 20s would be superior to the ones that come with 19s. Or did they just quote a lower number on the Pure to make it less than the Touring, but really they are the same?
If you mean the EPA adjustment factor(cant just claim another range without telling epa,) I do not think they used this as it would be listed. An example of people using this is the porsche taycan.

The thing to remember is that it’s a multi-run test. And then they average the results.

I honestly think they just happened to get a slightly better result on the Touring by sheer chance.

Run any test like this any number of times for any car, and you will get some margin of error factored in. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Back