Lucy’s new clothes

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
18510518-58C9-44A1-9420-E949F2A8BE47.jpeg
I’ve admired the black wrap on the roof and mirrors other members have done. I also put clear on the bumper / lights. Where I deviated from the norm was the chrome above the lights. I decided that it was just too much chrome. I went back and forth deciding which section should be blacked out but finally went with the upper logo strip. The letters were cut out to expose the illumination and keep silver. So what do you all think?

Last edited:
Interesting. Not for me, but you do you! I'm not sure how much different it would have looked for people if they were able to keep that matte aluminum finish on the top cantrails as opposed to having to paint them and ending up with a shiny finish.

View attachment 2144I’ve admired the black wrap on the roof and mirrors other members have done. I also put clear on the bumper / lights. Where I deviated from the norm was the chrome above the lights. I decided that it was just too much chrome. I went back and forth deciding which section should be blacked out but finally went with the upper logo strip. The letters were cut out to expose the illumination and keep silver. So what do you all think?
That came out really nice. Not what I would do, but who cares what I would do? It’s well executed.

I like how the two tone chrome/black lip matches other accent areas on the car, like the rims.

I absolutely ❤️ the gloss black roof on the red. Never though of that.

I get my car back tomorrow. Full matte PPF (stellar white), all silver/platinum will be matte. Every bit of gloss black is getting covered in satin black to knock the gloss off. Will post photos when I have it.
The black roof is definitely an interesting contrast! Hope you like it!

Yeah, that black is really growing on me. I think this may be why the darker colors of the Lucid don't generally appeal to me. The silver two-tone just works a lot better with white or grey, to my eyes. If I went black or red, I'd probably be tempted to do the black roof and front, too.

Yeah, that black is really growing on me. I think this may be why the darker colors of the Lucid don't generally appeal to me. The silver two-tone just works a lot better with white or grey, to my eyes. If I went black or red, I'd probably be tempted to do the black roof and front, too.

When I had my Porsche, I ordered it with the door handles black. Nice look against my silver paint. Black door handles should tie in with your color scheme as well.

Looks very stylish, well done! How much was it to do it?

It looks much better when I looked at he pics on a computer in full size. I like what you did

Looks very stylish, well done! How much was it to do it?
To do the clear on the front bumper / lights then the roof, mirrors and nose strip in black were $1200. Part of the expense is i had to buy 3 yards of black vinyl not to have a seam. 3m has a precut kit now in clear for the nose of the lucid.

It looks much better when I looked at he pics on a computer in full size. I like what you did
The black on the upper strip now emulates the lower grill with the black plastic then chrome piece. I like the symmetry plus the chrome is thinner and appears a bit more menacing. All three chrome strips on the front are of similar width which also gives a more balanced look

Last edited:
Here are a couple of better shots as they would not load before

Looks good!!
Wondering how it would look if the full front silver grille was blacked out? Either way looks nice and aggressive 👍🏼

Back