RESOLVED lucid's windshield sunshade

FathomBlueStealt

Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Hello,

has anyone tried lucid's windshield sunshade? I really want to like the product, it's very well built, and feels really premium however, it can't get it to fit despite multiple attempts. it seems to be a bit too wide and a tad bit too tall. I just can't seat it far down the gap between the dash & the windshield in order for the visor to close over the shade and secure it in place. Also, with the way its's constructed, it's super rigid, and only folds accordion style.

I've been using costco's jumbo sunshade and that works very well, but I wanted something more premium from Lucid so I order their's but can't get it to fit. It seems slightly oversized..

Has anyone had luck getting lucid's windshield sunshade to fit the windshield.

pics?

3rd time was the charm. It's a snug fit for sure. I had to move to the the passenger seat to get the right bottom corner of the shade into the bottom right corner of the passenger side of the windshield first, then everything else fell into place.

I'll try it again from the driver's seat, but I think because it's a snug fit, it needs to be seated well into the bottom corners so that the top of the shades don't stick out too high to impede movement of the visors.

I'm glad it's working well. Definitely the nicest sun shades I've ever handled. Excellent materials & build quality.

Attachments

• PXL_20240711_221301561.jpg
    PXL_20240711_221301561.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16,150
  • PXL_20240711_221322653.jpg
    PXL_20240711_221322653.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 134
  • PXL_20240711_221326486.jpg
    PXL_20240711_221326486.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 132
Good to know.

This is my 3rd one, I tried the tough pro's version, but I didn't like it. It's hard to fold and it has a large storage footprint.

Costco one is versatile, solid, easy to stow away and cheap.

Lucid's one had a learning curve, but it's really nice, premium and great coverage area. I'm eager to see if it does a better job of keeping the cabin cooler vs the Costco version.

Just purchased one as well. Covers most of the windshield. Was not able to fit it snugly around the top black housing for the rearview mirror and other sensors.

unnamed (6).jpg

Just purchased one as well. Covers most of the windshield. Was not able to fit it snugly around the top black housing for the rearview mirror and other sensors.

View attachment 21905
Same with the one from Heatshield. I can get it to stay up there sometimes if I really try, but otherwise it sags down in the top/middle. How's the ease of folding and putting away? My biggest problem with the Heatshield is if I have a passenger, I will inescapably whack them in the face with it as I'm taking it down or putting it up.

I have the heatshield roll up style. I've been using this style for years and its been flawless. Light, always stays intact, and it fits perfect.
20240712_102740.jpg

The lucid one is very sturdy and folds like an accordion. I have never tried folding it with a passenger in the seat, but I usually start folding from the center and it ends up folded in line with the center console.

Mine was just delivered yesterday. Definitely feels much nicer than the one from Heatshield and looks great. It is heavier, but easier to fold up neatly. Putting it up is going to take a little getting used to, but so did the Heatshield. I am happy to report this one goes up and comes down without whacking my passenger in the face as well. Usually.

Anyone else experience how hot this sunshade gets? I parked in the sun at the wild animal park this morning and by 3pm it was 101F and the sunshade was so hot I couldn’t touch the silver part to fold it properly.

Anyone else experience how hot this sunshade gets? I parked in the sun at the wild animal park this morning and by 3pm it was 101F and the sunshade was so hot I couldn’t touch the silver part to fold it properly.
yes, the reflective surface does get very hot. I guess it's working hard reflecting tons of heat :)

Back