Lucids in remote locations.

stratus

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid air grand touring
I have been extensively reading threads on this forum, which are giving me cause for concern. I have a Grand Touring on order and I am really looking forward to it. However, I am beginning to worry about having a brand new car from a brand new company with so many issues , as I live in a pretty remote area ( Idaho Falls, Idaho ) , which is many hundreds of miles from any service area. I asked if one was going up in Salt Lake City, and they said not at this time.
I know there are mobile vans, but are they really going to drive for 12 hours every time I have a problem? Are most people’s issues with the car fixed remotely?
Are there any members on this forum that live in similarly remote locales?
Thank you .

I have been extensively reading threads on this forum, which are giving me cause for concern. I have a Grand Touring on order and I am really looking forward to it. However, I am beginning to worry about having a brand new car from a brand new company with so many issues , as I live in a pretty remote area ( Idaho Falls, Idaho ) , which is many hundreds of miles from any service area. I asked if one was going up in Salt Lake City, and they said not at this time.
I know there are mobile vans, but are they really going to drive for 12 hours every time I have a problem? Are most people’s issues with the car fixed remotely?
Thank you .

I live in Portland Oregon. There are no studios in the state and the nearest service is in Seattle(175 miles away). So yes I have the same concerns as you, but am hoping that most of the major problems will be addressed, before I receive my AGT.

BBC
I live in Portland Oregon. There are no studios in the state and the nearest service is in Seattle(175 miles away). So yes I have the same concerns as you, but am hoping that most of the major problems will be addressed, before I receive my
I
I live in Portland Oregon. There are no studios in the state and the nearest service is in Seattle(175 miles away). So yes I have the same concerns as you, but am hoping that most of the major problems will be addressed, before I receive my AGT.
I am hoping the same. I think the closet service station to me is also Seattle , which is almost 800 miles!!!

If I were you, I'd honestly push back delivery if I could. And wait to see how people with AGTs are fairing. This isn't anything that ever crossed my mind because I have 3 service centers within an hour of me, but I understand how it could be.

If I were you, I'd honestly push back delivery if I could. And wait to see how people with AGTs are fairing. This isn't anything that ever crossed my mind because I have 3 service centers within an hour of me, but I understand how it could be.
I have been seriously considering doing so.
I may give my Lucid advisor a call.
At this point , my delivery will probably be very late spring/early summer but I wonder if that is still insufficient time for Lucid to work out all their glitches.
I really think being this far removed could be a major hassle for me and for them.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Thank you .
Excellent questions and despite my love of the car, this is a very real concern. I agree with @hydbob with one caveat: lucid is making significant progress so a lot of issues have/are being addressed.

Is there anything that stands out as particularly worrisome? Will this car need to be a well used daily driver or can it be a garage queen most days?

I have been seriously considering doing so.
I may give my Lucid advisor a call.
At this point , my delivery will probably be very late spring/early summer but I wonder if that is still insufficient time for Lucid to work out all their glitches.
I really think being this far removed could be a major hassle for me and for them.
Thanks for your thoughts.
I think hydbob’s advice is spot on. There are simply too many issues at this point to be that far from a service facility or a point from which a van is dispatched.

Excellent questions and despite my love of the car, this is a very real concern. I agree with @hydbob with one caveat: lucid is making significant progress so a lot of issues have/are being addressed.

Is there anything that stands out as particularly worrisome? Will this car need to be a well used daily driver or can it be a garage queen most days?
As far as worrisome issues, there is not one that seems most important, but the problems with the doors is quite concerning.

I will use the car fairly frequently , but it may hibernate during the most severe part of the winter. So, it will be both a daily driver and “garage queen” ( love that ).

I think hydbob’s advice is spot on. There are simply too many issues at this point to be that far from a service facility or a point from which a van is dispatched.
Yes, I am afraid you may be correct.
I am patient and I understand Lucid has a brand new product, so I am more than willing to cut them slack, even if that means delaying delivery.
I assume 90 percent of sold vehicles will be near population centers or areas that are close to a service center. I know there was one other car delivered to Idaho, but I do not know who it is. I think it was likely in Sun Valley.

i sorta discussed this with my SA yesterday. I asked him what to do if i run into an issue in the middle of nowhere and he said Lucid has partnered with authorized service centers (or going to partner with in the near future? something along those lines). He also said a service call would cover up to 500miles of towing so i presume if it's an issue covered under warranty, they could tow the car up to 500miles for free.

i sorta discussed this with my SA yesterday. I asked him what to do if i run into an issue in the middle of nowhere and he said Lucid has partnered with authorized service centers (or going to partner with in the near future? something along those lines). He also said a service call would cover up to 500miles of towing so i presume if it's an issue covered under warranty, they could tow the car up to 500miles for free.
Great information. Thanks.
Even if the service center in Denver opens, which will be my closet , it is still 600 miles!!
Will talk to my SA tomorrow.

If I were you, I'd honestly push back delivery if I could. And wait to see how people with AGTs are fairing. This isn't anything that ever crossed my mind because I have 3 service centers within an hour of me, but I understand how it could b

Wow! Trying to respond to hydbob, looks like I was able (without trying) to change his post and his post became mine! What the heck??? My delivery should be soon, and this car is for my wife. She is especially nervous.

Wow! Trying to respond to hydbob, looks like I was able (without trying) to change his post and his post became mine! What the heck??? My delivery should be soon, and this car is for my wife. She is especially nervous.
That's because this site is using Lucid's software for handling of posts. ;). Sorry, couldn't resist.

That’s a good one !!!

Back